Automated Region Death Zones?

T

TheTacoBellD

A little while ago, before I had started learning how to create mazes, I opened up Maze Of Sliding Bunnies 2. In the Death Regions Trigger I found no triggers. Just a very large section of code that seemd to automatically make it so 1-627 regions (I think) killed you. It did not have standard trigger interface. Just a lot of text. Line after line. At the bottom it said:

// This Trigger Was Writen With Dark_Baron_Prot's JASS Genorator Program
// If You Would Also Like A Copy Of It, Please Log Onto 'USEast' WarCraft 3
// B-Net Server And Whisper Dark_Baron_Prot

// Thank You For Your Support And Using My Fine Software.
// Dark_Baron_Prot

Is there a place to download other types of programs such as this? Because it would help.

-TheTacoBellDog

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> It did not have standard trigger interface. Just a lot of text. Line after line.
that's called custom text...aka JASS.
you can do that yourself if you want to - go to Edit -> Convert to Custom Text and your trigger will be converted (you can undo it using Ctrl+Z).
as for that program...what do you think it does? your post is a bit confusing, could you post that code or explain it better at least?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
A regions generator, that automatically creates plenty of regions, on a trigger "a unit enters region", to kill the entering unit when needed.

I like to think testing yourself for terrain type is better...

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
AceHart said:
I like to think testing yourself for terrain type is better...
agreed, saves your time and simplifies everything.

T

TheTacoBellD

SFilip said:
> It did not have standard trigger interface. Just a lot of text. Line after line.
that's called custom text...aka JASS.
you can do that yourself if you want to - go to Edit -> Convert to Custom Text and your trigger will be converted (you can undo it using Ctrl+Z).
as for that program...what do you think it does? your post is a bit confusing, could you post that code or explain it better at least?

It makes it so those regions automatically kill the player on contact. Perfect for mazes. I can do it myself but it takes a while.

C

Cs_Cara

Yeah I like the terrain type idea better, because using hundreds of regions makes your editor LAG, and its annoying ( for me take at least 6 seconds to open the region pallete and region triggers.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.