Balancing for No Food/Wood/Air

MrApples

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ok, in my map I have removed the Food Costs, the Wood Costs(not upgrades), and the Air from Melee.

Would anyone have any Comments on how to ratio in Wood and Food into the GOld Cost, and what kind of curve to put on the gold cost.

Also anything else that I should do to balance.

pladams9 said:
Well the value of wood and foodin gold is rather is really rather arbitrary, but I think it would be something like:

100 wood = 50 - 75 gold (I would use 70.)*
1 food = 20 - 50 gold (I would use 40.)*

A unit costing 100 gold, 200 wood, and 2 food would now cost about 320 gold.

Now that might need adjusting, so I suggest you make those changes, and then adjust the cost based on complaints. For instance, if the Tauren are still too strong you could either make them weaker, come up with something to help counter them, or increase their cost. Cost might not be the answer because this would make it harder to get Tauren and that might have negative results. Reducing strength would probably be the best.

*Others might have extremely different ideas on these values. In general wood is cheaper because it can be collected faster and is more plentiful; food is much more expensive because you have to build for it and normally there's a limit of 100 or so.

xPheRe said:
I suggest too to make adjustments depending on the race.
Night Elfs can mine tons of lumber with no big effort, so lumber should matter less than in other races.
Undead also have a great advantage in lumber, because the unit that harvests lumber is also a melee one.
Lumber is very important for Orcs and Humans since they harvest it the same way.

pladams9 values would be Ok for Orcs and Humans.
Try reducing the numbers a little for undead and a little more for Night Elfs.

A similar thinking can be done with food, but I'm in a hurry :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.