WIP Battle for Cressus

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
The Battle for Cressus

The city of Cressus has been invaded by evil creatures from the mountains. As the survivors prepare to fight for their each house, the army of Seleucia approaches with the intentions to conquer the city for themselves. The three forces have prepared for to face anyone who contests their claim over Cressus. Control over crucial points of the city is the ultimate goal. Who will emerge triumphant?

This is what I'm currently using my WorldEditor for.

OVERVIEW:

It's a RingWars-style map with 3 teams. The teams fight each other for control over 9 out of the 11 total circles of power placed around the city. Alternatively, they can just destroy the enemy teams' encampments.

GAMEPLAY:

The gameplay will be reminiscent of BFME, however with less hero skirmishes and less besieging enemy castles. Vaguely like the Battlefield series on PC in terms of capturing the circles of power. Battles will be realistic - units will periodically need to return to bases for recharge, and there will be a rock-scissors-paper element in the battle system, too.

There will be a "many cheap units"-oriented team, a "few strong units"-team and a "balance/spellcasting"-team, kinda like StarCraft, however I will be careful to keep the main point of the game in tactics. Possibly, there will be some random events in the game that will spice it up (spawn of dragons, demon portals suddenly opening, etc. :) )

PROGRESS:
Objects: ++++++++XX
Triggers: XXXXXXXXXX
Terrain: +++++++++X

For now, the map is in its earliest Alpha version, so I have not decided on any of the specifics. Only the terrain has been worked on (since yesterday), but at the end, it will be better.

FOOTAGE:
Screenshots, this is how it looks from afar:
cressus.jpg

cressus2.jpg

minimapr.jpg

There are now dungeons under the palace.
cressusdungeon.jpg

CREDITS:

Custom model "Door00" by Tranquil (downloaded from The Hive Workshop)
Custom model "Bloodelf Pikeman" by General Frank (Again, Hive W.)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Seems like you spent quite some time on the city. Doesn't look too super wowish but it's well designed. Use other doodads, vary the things around. I like the river, and the arches and bridges over it, :)
Have you planned the races yet?
>The teams fight each other for control over 9 out of the 11 total circles of power placed around the city.
What about the other 2, lulz?
Good luck! :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Ioannes

Reaction score
Thank you :) I will keep adding touches as the development progresses.

Team 1, "Defenders of Cressus" : Human
Team 2, "Seleucian Army": Human, Orc and a bit of Night Elf
Team 3, "Mountain Invaders" : Undead, Orc and some Night Elf or Creeps

Nine of the circles of power are neutral as the game starts, but two of them will be initially under players' control, inside the team's base. Thus, destroying the team's base will also lead to capturing another circle :)

Ioannes

Reaction score
Bump

...due to the Objects being pretty much done.

Do I see volunteers for JASS and for testing? :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.