Battle Net 2.0 Features And wanted Features.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle.net.

* Automatic/Anonymous Matchmaking Support
* Excellent Ping Support
* Avatar/Icons to represent yourself
* Achievements
* In-Game Voice Chat
* Hack-Free Security
* Clan Support
* Automated Tournaments
* Friends/Ignore Lists
* eSport Support

To be able to download the game like you can in steam, or any of your blizzard registered games (WoW and the new games coming out, like starcraft 2)

I am also under the impression that there will be some way of limiting accounts at least for the "Automatic/Anonymous Matchmaking Support".
So people cant keep switching account names to kill Noobs (like me).

Form reading around and listening what blizzard have commented it is suppose to be alot like steam.

In the Q And A someone asked and they replied, we have been watching steam closely ever since it came out. or somthing like that i can find it latter if you care.

What Would you like to see? What do you think will be featured that i haven't said here?

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Excellent ping support should be at the top of the list lol

umm one thing you haven't mentioned (I'm not sure of the original source so you'll have to search for it) but Blizzard said for b.net 2.0 games they are going to release some sort of $6 key chain that has a randomly changing 10 digit number that's used to secure your account from being hacked. I'm not sure how it will work but I assume it will be some kind of usb tool

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
i think it means you get to find out how much lag (or lack of it) a person has.

I always liked that feature in sc1. It kept me from going into really laggy games ^^

One feature to go along with the avatars.

You can put up your own signatures and your own avatars to represent yourself.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
This would be a tool you could use in the interface before star craft starts up. Figuring they are doing something a bit like steam, as a start of program for all there games. (starting with WoW starcraft 2 and Dabilo 3, not to say they may add war craft 3 and older games who knows)
A tool in the new battle.net 2.0 that will show you something like this, but hosted by blizzard, so then if i want to see what everyone is playing and what versions there playing i can do so.

http://mapgnome.org/browse.php

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
"Better" clan support. Where you can make your own 'groups', each with leaders and stuff.
So instead of just:
Chief
- Shaman (5)
- Grunts
- Peons

You could make your own groups called anything you want. And give each group any amount of 'power' (Such as kicking, banning, etc).

A map filter. (Like a search, instead of just size, custom/melee, etc)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.