Best Audio Editor?

Jessi

I'm so green. Like a Machine.
Reaction score
basically I just need a program that can separate a sound file into several sound files, without losing quality, and without too much hassle. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Fruit Loops is for making music, and it can be quite a hastle to convert things :p, you'd also have to learn a bit to seperate a song (afaik it only lets you import midi files).

The best out there is Audacity.

You can use it to open WAV, MP3 and OGG files, and convert them to each-other, it can also do all kinds of effects to the song, and it's easy to select and cut bits of the song :).

The only catch is that (for one time only) if you need to convert to mp3, you need to download this file:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?lame_enc

When you convert to MP3, it will ask you to locate this dll, so simply find it, and then you'll be able to convert things to MP3 whenever you like :).

Other than that, it already converts to .WAV and .OGG easily :).

Hope this helps!

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I tried Audicity and it didn't work for me. Re-installed a few times, and it didn't work.
I was trying to simply open an .mp3 song that my brother made, to edit it, and it just wouldn't open. (It said it did, but nothing happened)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Really? It's worked for me every single time I've installed it o_O.

Hopefully it'll work for Jessi, or maybe you need lame_enc.dll to OPEN mp3 files as well as export them.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I have Audacity, and it lets you open MP3 files without having the DLL. I'd recommend Audacity as well, it's pretty simple to use, and has an easy interface.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I'll dl the dll, see if it's that.

All he did was record it, and upload to comp :p It plays fine in a media player.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
I have Audacity, and it lets you open MP3 files without having the DLL. I'd recommend Audacity as well, it's pretty simple to use, and has an easy interface.

You need the dll to convert files to mp3.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
You need the dll to convert files to mp3.

Yes, however I would not recommend saving them as MP3's from audacity, as it doesn't have any controls on the quality of the mp3. Export it as a wav and use razorlame.

Rad

Reaction score
try wavepad, it was really good when I was separating songs etc and its free afaik. :)

Its free for 14 days, then they remove alot of the features. If I remember correctly, one of those was saving as MP3.

I may be wrong though

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.