Best dummy abilities.

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
Why not use channel?
The only time I use channel is for immediate abilities that should only be used by players and not ai, otherwise using channel means changing a lot of datafields for no reason and it also means that no computer unit will ever use that spell.

For example you always have to change the options data field to check Visible.

The Best Dummy abilities

Shockwave
Just use make it not use a missile and set targets allowed to none, you get a good point targetable ability. And you have plenty of order ids because Crushing wave and Carrion swarm work the same way

Monsoon
None as targets and nothing as 'Effect' (the buff like effect thing) or you can use a custom 'Effect' too, it is a great channeling ability with a targeting circle.

I caught myself setting the area of effect to 20 to have a point targetable channeling spell.

Acid bomb
Acid bomb is one of the best because it also has a missile, just make it so it doesn't have the side effects, Use Immolation (caster) as buff and make it last 0.01 , It has a missile and that is really good and makes it better than channel

Cluster Rockets Just have none as target allowed, you get a point targetable, area of effect spell with targetting circle and missiles.

Ensare
Ensare is useful when you need the ability to be phisical, just use a trigger to pause and unpause the unit at the moment it "starts the effect of an ability" so it won't use the missile and won't do the side effects of ensare.

Pausing and unpausing is a great trick to prevent a lot of side effects for all the abilities, including storm bolt and the such-

War stomp - thunder clap - Roar and that kind of spells
Setting targets allowed to none makes them do nothing. War Stomp also has terrain deformations.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
The Monsoon seems very useful.

I've actually been looking for a channeling point-targetable non-AoE channeling ability for a dummy for quite some time.

I've always used Fan of Knives for dummy instant-cast abilities, but that's just me.

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
I haven't used channel for any of my abilities.

pladams9

Seth's Good-Twin
Reaction score
It was suggested that I use Channel for the last spell I made, but it didn't work out especially well. It required a lot more work than using some other spells. Well, these spells will probably help me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.