C++ Where to start. what to do?

codemonkey

Code monkey not crazy, just proud.
Reaction score
Isn't there something like an explode() or split() function in C++ that takes a string and delimiter and returns an array?

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
what happens when you want to scramble more then one word. a paragraph maybe.

Have a function that takes every space (considering a space means separation of words) and check the integer before and after that. If it is equal to an array (a,b,c etc., skipping periods and commas) then it would take letters in-between the two letters and scramble them.

That is why I suggest you to use char arrays instead for this:) That way you can build such a function from scratch with relative ease;)

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Python is neat, its disregard for variable types, multiple types being treated as sequences/containers, pseudo-code syntax, self explanatory functions, vast standard library.

It's absolutely perfect for light apps, swift programming and fast learning curve.

However, with its overhead garbage collection, no control (or is there?) memory management, de-compilable sources, no true privates and other squigly class elements.
It doesn't make for the safest applications. But these cons is nothing you need to remotly care about if you just want to program for a bit of fun.

When you do start to glance over these things, you will have to change language and learn over again because the syntax of all thoose languages are far more like c++ than python.

Pythons biggest pro: It's easy! (relatively speaking)
Pythons biggest con: It's -to- easy!

So if you want to learn why and how the program works and not just how to make it work you gotta go lower and lower through the levels of programming.

So here goes the real questions:

1. What program do i use to MAKE the code.

I'm using eclipse, don't know which the best one is, don't really care, eclipse works great for me.

2. What program do i use to RUN the code (as in make it come to life)

When you compile to code, yes you need a compiler aswell, you will get an executable (windows: .exe) depending on which platform you compile for the resulting executable alters. The, if your IDE (that would be "the program to MAKE the code") doesn't start the application automatically you could probably do so by locating it and running it yourself as you would with any other application on you computer.

3. What program do i use after i completed my work i can play the "game"

See above....

4. When i asked my dad about it. He didnt seem to mind that i was a newbie, he didnt even point out anything he just started into it.
(Is it hard to pick up?)

Harder than some, easier than some, a bit of logic come a long way.

5. He uses NetLinx (which he said you require a certificate to use) does that use C++?

No idea what NetLinx uses or have i ever used the app myself, but paying for an IDE is not necessary, use the free ones.

//==GooS

PS: If I'm incorrect about my statements of cons in Python, do correct me as I'm not that good at Python.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ok you guys obviously don't get it so I'll clarify.

Low level languages are almost identical to machine code, like Assembly. Middle level languages are sort of similar but have it's own syntax, they usually have the ability to use memory allocation. High level languages are very different from machine code. Even more so with very high level programming languages.

:rolleyes:

LOL, I was arguing with you, even though I agreed with you. I really wanted to respond to the guy that said you could do more with python. :banghead:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.