Camera Height and Targeting Reticle

Jonnycakes

Reaction score
I am working on a 3rd-person shooter (like everyone and their mother) to learn my way around the editor. I have camera and movement controls working pretty well so far, but I still have a couple of issues:

1. I want to add a targeting reticle to each player's screen, but haven't found a way to do it. I have seen it done on other people's maps in videos-how is this done? EDIT: solved by using dialogues.

2. The camera height works fine on level terrain. When the player approaches/runs over a slope, the camera raises up prematurely in anticipation of going over raised terrain. I tried manually resetting the camera height based on the difference in terrain between the unit and the camera eye, but this did not work (and had its own set of problems). Is there a way to fix this? EDIT: solved by disabling height smoothing.

EDIT:
3. I have been trying to create an effect that damages a unit. That's it. No visuals, just damage, like an attack. I set up an effect and an actor to go along with it, but I haven't been able to get it to work. Can someone tell me how to do this? EDIT: I think I have this one figured out now.

Jonnycakes

Reaction score
Bump. I solved the first problem (targeting reticle) by creating a dialog, adding image items to it, and hiding its background. The second question still remains, though...this is really a big hindrance. I don't want to have to have flat terrain. EDIT: I added a 3rd question in the original post.

Jonnycakes

Reaction score
Bump again. I fixed the camera issues (more or less) with the Camera-Turn height smoothing off action.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.