Campaign vs Cinematic

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
k well ive been debating where to put tis, and it seemed like more of a discussion then help, so im postin it here:
Im wanting to create a campaign (nothing big, just something i work on when im bored, etc so itll be long) anyway, and im wondering which i should make:
1. a long cinematic campaign containing just a big movie, which i estimate would be quite long, like actual movie length or
2. a playable campaign. The playable would be more like the storylines in wc3, and not like the orc expansion campaign. it would involve a bunch of quests in diff maps, and not one big map and little ones to explore off. although there would be some choice making which would influence the way the story goes.

i was thinking of the cinematic one, but i think it would be cooler to make a playable one, so whats your opinion?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Hmm. If the campaign has some new and at the very least interesting features, do that. Otherwise, it might be best to do a cinematic.

Septimus

Reaction score
Campaign is rather tough and take quite a time even if you try to make it as simple as possible while making a cinematic campaign was even harder as you have a lot of thing to take care with.

My suggestion was to make 1 cinematic.

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
i like the idea of playable campaign where you influence the cinimatic. It would be hard but with a few booleon variables it could easily be sorted out which cinematic to play. The question is - - - Do you have enough time to make it work, look good and get people to enjoy it?

If one of those is a no then do cinematic.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
well im thinking, is any1 gunna be willing to watch a long cinematic? because im thinking a long cinematic might be nice but would it be more fun for ppl to just play a campaign?

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
For a full length cinematic in Warcraft, I'm not sure how well it would turn out. And the story and terrain would have to be AMAZING to keep people interested for that long.

Campaigns - well campaigns are just so damn fun. Then again, that's also my personal preference.

I vote campaign.

Aeroblyctos

Reaction score
I suggest to do cinematics one by one and in the end merge them to a campaign. But you really need to have a good story so people will watch your cinematic.

Good luck!

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I love making cinematics. I love the idea of making campaigns. Truth is, campaigns are a bitch to make and aren't very rewarding, and they are also a bitch to make. And take a long time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.