Can anyone write and hear in Japanese?

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score

In that video, he speaks in Japanese (at least, i hope he does, he did say something close to Konichiwa) and i would ask that someone subtitle it so that i dont interpret something wrong in the video.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
EDIT: Japanese Fonts aren't allowed here. :(

Center is ???.

It would be replaced by question marks. I wondered if it's possible to input Japanese somewhere, including in the PMs, since it even can't allow Japanese characters.

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
why do you like this tutorial?
there are tons of others.. in english..

anyway, i think Renendaru might be able to help you..

Its a certain method that he himself made and uses, and i think he would be best at interpreting it.

Thats right, speedcubers are that picky.

For example

Rubiks%20Cube.jpg

mini-444.jpg

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Instead of interpreting what he's trying to say, try following in his steps.

Let's say he's showing his finger in between the center faces of green and orange, then he shows you the method. All you got to do, is to pause the video, then follow along with what he has done in the video. If you didn't get it, rewind, and repeat.

It's better like that than to rely on someone who learns Japanese. The old wise saying:

"It's better to do a task on your own than to ask someone to help you with a task."

After all, you're not in a contest, so why being picky about it anyway? :confused:

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
Let's say he's showing his finger in between the center faces of green and orange, then he shows you the method. All you got to do, is to pause the video, then follow along with what he has done in the video. If you didn't get it, rewind, and repeat.

He might say something that differs from what he is pointing at, he could be saying something about what you arnt looking at. etc.

After all, you're not in a contest, so why being picky about it anyway?
1. I would like to be generally faster, as i am looking for sub 1:30 before i get a 5x5, considering that the method for the 4x4 works for all the other larger cubes after some adjusting.
2. Whenever a competition happens.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
He might say something that differs from what he is pointing at, he could be saying something about what you arnt looking at. etc.

If he did, my senses would tell that he is doing something unnatural. If you're not good at telling apart some actions naturally, I rest my case. :eek:

1. I would like to be generally faster, as i am looking for sub 1:30 before i get a 5x5, considering that the method for the 4x4 works for all the other larger cubes after some adjusting.
2. Whenever a competition happens.

1 and 2. Oh...:p

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
He is speaking Japanese, but all he's saying is basic rubik's cube solutions as far as I can tell...

Edit: I'd subtitle it and all, but I really don't have the time this week. I'm really busy, I'm afraid.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I too can hear Japanese, although I can't listen to it.
Thanks to my stupid speech class, yes, there is a difference.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
So basically you want us to translate a 9 minute long video of some japanese guy completing a rubix cube, when you can find thousands of other in english, oh right, this japanese dude got a special style of solving the cube? Am I understanding this right?

ElderKingpin

Reaction score
he is not solving the ruiks cube. he is pairing edges (i doubt that matters if you dont understand :/)

And yes, it is special, because i dont think its that much of a pain to write down what he is saying.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, you're right that it's not much of a pain to write something down. But, the hard part is the converting.

Plus, we have to consider dialects, pronunications, syllables, grammer, then proper English grammer, proper English sentence and its meaning, and time.

So, it's wiser to try finding an alternative. This link is you local and native language friend.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.