Cancel timer for hero revive

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
so you want to add a cheat that will stop other players from reviving.
It is easy, make a trigger that will run when you type what you want then pause and destroy the timer.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
You could just have at the end of your revival trigger a boolean check that will observe if the hero has been revived or not, and if he has then it doesn't proc.

When the chat based event occurs, then set a boolean value. This would prevent the revival trigger from having any further effect.

Alternatively, you could just stop the triggers progress as mentioned above.

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I've never used JASS before, but wouldn't the fact that the timer used is a local prevent any access to it? In order to access it we'd need to change the system he's using to not incorporate locals.

That being said, I believe what Inflicted said (checking for a bool at the end) should work. Depending on your map, I'd imagine you'd want to make a boolean array (one index per player) and then reference boolarray[PlayerNum(OwnerOf(DyingUnit))] or something like that. This will have the side-effect of if in your map each player can have multiple reviving units at once, all of them will stop reviving until the boolean gets changed back.

maxou

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The easiest way, in my opinion, would be creating an array variable of X (where X is the number of players) and when a player dies, set the variable[Y] (where Y is the player number) to the time you want him to wait before reviving. With another trigger, which works every 1 second, make lower every variable[1 to X] from 1. If it comes to 0, make the player revive.
With another trigger, if a player type -whateveryouwant put his variable[Y] to 0, he would instantly revive :)

HellHeaven

Reaction score
I've never used JASS before, but wouldn't the fact that the timer used is a local prevent any access to it? In order to access it we'd need to change the system he's using to not incorporate locals.

If local timers were inaccessible, then how would these timers be used then?

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If local timers were inaccessible, then how would these timers be used then?
What I meant was that locals are inaccessible from one trigger to another, not that they were inaccessible completely. Assuming that reviving would be one trigger and the cancellation another trigger, the cancellation trigger wouldn't be able to access the locals in the revive trigger.
More on local variables here if you'd like to read about them: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/variables.php

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.