Cannot save files as w3m after editing

livingdeath

Reaction score
I've started my own little TD map, and its going fine until today. I opened it and added a new boss, then when i go to save it, it saves it as w3x. I can't open w3x because I don't have a w3x editor. I don't see ANY checkboxes under the "Map description" area. Please help.

Whisky

Reaction score
Uh, tried renaming the file extension to .w3m?

And seriously get frozen throne, makes life easier.

hopy

Reaction score
I've started my own little TD map, and its going fine until today. I opened it and added a new boss, then when i go to save it, it saves it as w3x. I can't open w3x because I don't have a w3x editor. I don't see ANY checkboxes under the "Map description" area. Please help.
Wouldn't that mean that one of the things you added recuires Frozen Throne?
- Try opening it again, remove it again and hopefully you can save it as a .w3m again (Never tried that).
- Rename the current map to a .w3m, afther saving it as a .w3x, just make sure you're not using any Frozen Throne stuff and make a backup before doing this to be sure nothing gets destroyed.
- Run to the store and get Frozen Throne, it's not like it'll cost more then a few euro's.

evilwolf

Reaction score
Just get TFT... Its like 20 dollars...
Pretty cheap entertainment if you think about it...
Weird Problem, but I think I have the answer:
Its caused because ROC and TFT are "spritually" connected whether or not you have TFT or not,
Its becuase of patch 1.10 (Makes ROC and TFT share code)
Read this:

See if you have those abilities, if you do then delete them then try again.
Or just uninstall/reinstall ROC and DON'T install any patches...
Hope this helps...
Please read this...
Oh and this:
ok, some info I have gleaned:

- the fel warlock is mistakenly flagged as expansion-only

- same goes for beserk ability

- umswe apparently causes it too: remember to get rid of third-party tools, or make sure you get the latest version of umswe (although I'm not sure if it has RoC support anymore)

Since I don't have RoC only, I'm not quite sure of the degree of these problems, or how to resolve them. What happens when you make a brand new map and save that? does it save as w3x?

edit: i could swear there was an item mistakenly flagged as expansion-only, but damned if i can remember what it is.....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.