Can't see some special effect in game

jarekpl12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hello guys... I have some problem with special effect:
1. Can't see an effect of unit with Model File special effect (Rain of Fire target)
2. Can't see some effect when i use them by triggers ( Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\SpiritLink\SpiritLinkZapTarget.mdl )
3. 1. and 2. happen always when my imported icons become invisible in WE.

anyone know what is the reason of that? thx

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
When in-game, go to options, set the graphic option to high quality.

Or, some effects do not have death animation. That's why when you create and destroy, they don't really have the time to play any animation at all.

Or, some models (especially imported and missile models) do not have attachment point. That's why effects cannot be attached onto the unit and you can't see anything at the end of the day.

I guess that's it.

jarekpl12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Can't be in-game options, because it is on highest level all the time

Yes, it worked but now these effects without destroying it last all the time on unit

These effect are like Spirit Link <Caster>, Spirit Link <Target>, Ancestral Spirit <Caster> so these are not imported or missile

I can't also in this time see my imported stuffs kB size, all are on 0 kB size
and also interessting is that dummy unit with Starfall (target) <Target> Model File is invisible now.
Also I imported some special effect model and I can't even see it in WE, when im trying to set it, it says: Can't load....model. Etc.
It's not the first time i set it, it was working well when my imported icons wasn't invisible in WE's abilities and kB size of all my imported stuffs was more than 0

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> Yes, it worked but now these effects without destroying it last all the time on unit
You need to create the effect, set the effect into a variable, wait for few seconds and then only destroy the set variable.

> ...these are not imported or missile
You misunderstood me. What I meant was the model you attach your effect to. Meaning, if you have a custom unit model, if it does not have a attachment point, your effect will not appear on the custom model.

> I can't also in this time see my imported stuffs kB size, all are on 0 kB size
Shit happens sometimes. Happened to me as well. Usually happens when you import something new to your map. They will show 0 kb. But they're still there. Sometimes it comes back to normal if you close and reopen the map again. If it doesn't work, I hope you've saved a backup for your map.

jarekpl12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
ok... i set this special effects on variable but now the trigger runs more often than special effect's duration time (1.83 sec - Special Effect's duration and Trigger runs every 1 sec) and it still does not look like it should :(... but thx for an... simple idea.

jarekpl12

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
My Dummy Units with Special Effect as Model File was already working... now just something happend and i dont know what :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.