News Cap'n Crunch sails into Retirement

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
The Soggies have finally won: Cap'n Crunch is quietly sailing into retirement.

Long derided by health experts for its high sugar content – a single serving contains 12 grams – the cereal is no longer being actively marketed by Quaker, DailyFinance reports. It appears parent company Pepsico is forcing the good Cap'n to walk the plank.

Cap'n Crunch was once the No. 1 breakfast cereal, but pressure from the White House and health activists is having an effect on how PepsiCo and other food companies peddle their products to kids. Sales of the cereal were down 6.8 percent in 2010.

Last edited by a moderator:

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
WTF?!?!?! NO I LOVE CAPN CRUNCH! This is bullshit and I won't stand for it! Of course they peddle it to kids - it's a fucking cereal. They can take that stupid bunny if they want, but I am NOT letting Capn Crunch go away, we're making a petition and I'm stocking up on it. What's next, Pop-Tarts?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That's shocking. I used to love that cereal back when I was a kid. I hate cereal now though, takes like 3 or 4 bowls to fill me up for more than 10 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
That just sucks though I don't eat much Capn' Crunch anymore.

Varine

Reaction score
I haven't eaten it for a while either. It cuts the roof of my mouth, but damn it's tasty. And even if it wasn't good, who the hell is anyone but me to tell me what it is I can and can't eat? I don't wanna live in this perfect world they're trying to make, I want to live in my world where I can be a fat douchebag who eats nothing but shit and smokes flavored cigarettes.

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Wtf??????

Nonononononoonono!!!!

>.<

Err, wait. Is "No longer actively marketing" the same as "not producing"?

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
I Fucking hate our government.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
that makes me cry. Cap n crunch was the bestest alongside fruit loops.

Varine

Reaction score
Wtf??????

Nonononononoonono!!!!

>.<

Err, wait. Is "No longer actively marketing" the same as "not producing"?

... uhh... I don't know we might have jumped the gun on that one. But still, WTF? I noticed that the biggest issue - the fact that it CUTS THE ROOF OF YOUR MOUTH OPEN - was not one the list of reasons.

And don't forget Apple Jacks, Jedi. Apple Jacks are the shit. I buy them by the giant bag fulls, then I take up three seats on the bus carrying my giant bag fulls.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.