Arena Capture the Egg

Tjuhl

Reaction score
I'd like to introduce you to Capture the Egg (CtE), a Team PvP map made by Tzirrit and me.

Map Story
Cold winter + times of peace make heroes become mercenaries to pay the bills. Powder scratched off frostwyrm eggshells = valuable ingredient for engineers (Ulf&Grim, blue faction leaders) and alchimists (Gizz the Alchemist, red faction leader). Hero mercenaries who want to pay their bills + demand for valuable ingredient = PvP. :p

Map Description
CtE is a team vs. team map with a strong focus on team vs. team battles. The goal of the map is to gather more gold than the enemy team until the time is up. Each game lasts 15 minutes.

Gold may be acquired by killing members of the enemy team (20 gold per kill) or by carrying a spawned frostwyrm egg (5 gold per 5 seconds carried). Frostwyrm eggs may only be carried within the rectangular temple areas they spawned in. There are 3 frostwyrm egg spawn points (temples) within the map. An egg spawns at one of the 3 locations. After 120 seconds, an egg hatches and a new egg is spawned at one of the other 2 spawn points.

As this is a TEAM PvP map, there are 4 different roles (with currently 4 different classes, 4 additional classes are planned, though) each player may choose when the map begins and at respawn. Each class has a very unique / individual playstyle as each class uses different mechanics to generate mana:
* Protectors (Tank) gain mana by damage they and nearby allies receive
* Crusaders (Melee Healer) gain mana by hitting enemies
* Thunderers (Ranged DD) gain mana by standing still and shooting (all mana is lost when they move)
* Berserkers (Melee DD) gain mana by dealing damage

In order to provide a fun and balanced gameplay where success is purely based on player skill, we decided to NOT put in items and levels. Each class spawns with all its abilities and thus its full potential. If a player decides to choose another class after death, he is not punished in any way and can immediately get back into the fray. Thus, this map is not about individual character advancement but rather using and choosing class synergies within your team and your available abilities wisely.

Screenshots
* Hatch me if you can

* Cleave

* Divine Purpose

* Fanaticism

* None can stop the crusade of the righteous

* Chaaaarge!

* Berserker in trouble

Download
* CtE @Tzirrit
* CtE @TheHelper.net
* CtE @HiveWorkshop.com
* CtE @EpicWar.com
* CtE @IncGamers

Have fun playing the map! :) We are looking forward to any (preferably constructive) feedback you may have. If you like the map, we gladly invite you to join the Steam community group. [Cross-Marketing ftw!] You may, of course, also try out "Southfury Banks", our 1st map.

Attachments

• (10)CaptureTheEgg_opt.w3x
    175 KB · Views: 330

Tzirrit

Reaction score
Because the discription isn't realy telling much, let me give you some more information.

Units/Heroes:
There are two teams, with up to 5 players. Each player can chose one out of 4 heroes: A Tank, a Melee Healer, a Ranged Damage Dealer and a Melee Damage Dealer. Each of the hero units has its very own and distinguishable class machanic that gains and uses "mana" in totally different ways, leading to a totally different style of play for all the classes.

Players can freely choose as which hero they want to re-spawn after being killed. They can also commit suicide to repick thier hero at any time (but only in their teams base).

Gameplay:
The main goal of the map is to collect more gold coins than the other team. A team collects gold coins by getting hold of Frostwyrm Eggs that randomly spawn at one of three possible locations (temples) troughout the map. If a player gets an Egg, his team will gain 5 gold coins every 5 seconds, as long as the player keeps the egg. Moreover, killing an enemy hero grants 20 gold coins.

After a while (120 seconds), a Frostwrm Whelpling will hatch from the egg, damaging all players in range and slowing them for a short duration. Then, the egg will respawn at another position, and so on.

To win, a team must collect a certain amount of gold coins or have more gold coins than the other team, when the game automatically ends after 15 minutes.

Tjuhl

Reaction score
roughly 120 downloads on the available download sites so far - thanks! if you have any feedback to share we'd be glad to hear what you think about the map. :)

Tjuhl

Reaction score
I lol'd at the "name" +rep :D

thanks for rating and +repping my creativity in terms of naming screenshots.

care to share your thoughts on what you (and anybody else, of course) think about the map? :p

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I thought the screenshot name was pretty funny, too. Not worth +rep, but still.. :p

Your map is protected. :(
That means I will most likely be too lazy to test it..

Tjuhl

Reaction score
Your map is protected. :(
That means I will most likely be too lazy to test it..

I am sorry if this bothers you but I hope you can also understand and respect the decision of map creators to not reveal their trigger / JASS code to the public.

If you have any questions on the triggers / JASS code, you may of course post them here and we will see if we can and want to share some of it. ;-)

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I am sorry if this bothers you but I hope you can also understand and respect the decision of map creators to not reveal their trigger / JASS code to the public.

If you have any questions on the triggers / JASS code, you may of course post them here and we will see if we can and want to share some of it. ;-)

The decision of the map creators? You mean you haven't made the map?

I don't have any questions, because I haven't seen the code. :p

Nexor

Reaction score
he said that in general (I think) I couldn't try it out in multi but it's a fun map for sure :) nice !

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
You're a funny person Tjuhl... :eek:
Feel free to make your first thread more interesting, heh.
Your map forces us to work so much, we have to click the links to see the images, and play the map to find out stuff, :(
Alright, I'll give it a try when I can, :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Tjuhl

Reaction score
edited 1st post to provide a more precise and detailed overview on the map.

thanks in advance for your feedback! :)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Okee, it's prettty cool.
More like King of the Egg though, :D
I would say to make the spells not require unit targets so that you can aim the spells yourself, but you see the whole map anyway so there's no point.
Pretty refined and polished, just needs the people in it to make it more fun, :)
Good job!
Maybe add some creeps around, bosses and such, guarding the eggs or just hiding around, so people can have some side fun too, ^^

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Tzirrit

Reaction score
That's the only thing that sucks: you need at least 4 people for the map to be fun :)

However, we are planning to hide some creeps and nasty surprises in future versions :shades:

Tjuhl

Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback!

Regarding aiming: we kept the amount of abilities that require aiming as low as possible, mostly because the camera is locked to the player's current unit (due to balancing reasons, else we think ranged classes would be in a heavy advantage).

Creeps / NPCs with a specific use (that is adding even more to the PvP content) and 4 more classes are planned for a future update. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.