• Cats

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • I like them equally.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I don't like cats or dogs.

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Cats used to have a high place (up with the gods) with the egyptians =D

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
I always feel that dogs are like slaves. Always working for their master and having no life of their own.

Dog's actually enjoy this. Dogs get unhappy if they have no "job" if they're not working for something. If your dog always seems a little unhappy/restless, giving them a job of some sort will help em out. As Mizuio said, the dog pleases you, you please the dog (food/affection).

As w/e said, cats are selfsufficent, they can live in the wild and find their own food, a dog would just die.

Hell no! Ever heard of Wolf packs in the wild? Dogs and Cats are quite similar in the wild. The dogs will form a pack and hunt like the big cats do that you see on Animal Planet.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
No, cats would die in the wild, too. Try leaving Mr. Scruffle Fluffy in the forest for a few days and see if he's in one piece when you return.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
As w/e said, cats are selfsufficent, they can live in the wild and find their own food, a dog would just die.
True, Not all Dogs, such as your little teacup breed would survive in the wild , but larger dogs would...

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
So they make better pets because they can survive in the wild? Where is this argument going?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Exactly, where is this arguement going? Dogs are better because they bark?

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Exactly, where is this arguement going? Dogs are better because they bark?

What argument lol? More of a debate than an argument.

And you are right that Wolves and Dogs are different species, but they would act in a pretty much identical fashion in the wild and saying they couldn't survive is a bit ignorant. If you're talking solely about domesticated cats and dogs, well both species would both have trouble surviving.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
My dog smells other dogs, and its own, poop.

She also kills rats, birds and lizards. Is this a good or bad thing?

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
a dog doesn't grow past the equivlent to a wolf pup. Thats why they can be domesticated.

and wolfs and dogs can breed togeather easilly with no complications.

They are not 'diffrerent' species. even Ligers and tigons have complications involved. (ex. Sterile)

duyen

Reaction score
So they make better pets because they can survive in the wild? Where is this argument going?

Who said anything about pets? It just asked whats better, not whats better as a pet.

Also: My cat eats centipedes, meaning there's not so many centipedes in the house :thup:

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
My dog smells other dogs, and its own, poop.

She also kills rats, birds and lizards. Is this a good or bad thing?

Well it depends what dog you have.

I have a standard poodle, who thinks shes a human. But she kills like anything in our backyard Oo

Squirrels, Possums, small Raccoons, Rats, lizards, birds. You name it xD
Then the next second she thinks shes human again

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Well I saw the discussion in the other thread, but didn't want to derail it too much, so started this one.

So, what do you prefer, cats or dogs?

My opinion:

Dogs:
  • Dogs tend to be more interactive, more fun to play with.
  • Vastly more trainable than cats.
  • As they are not as independent/selfish as cats are, they are eager to please their master. Cats tend to laugh in your face if you do something they don't want to do.
  • Who walks a cat? Dogs are good for you, get you out and about, a reason to do excercise.
  • Tend to be "smarter" in the sense you can teach them tricks/obedience.

Cats:
  • Generally softer coat makes them more pleasent to pat.
  • Generally make less noise than, especially at night you don't hear their paws tapping on lino/hard surfaces.
  • Need less assistance. They usually go out and do their own thing and you don't have to worry about what they have done or where they have been. If a dog runs away or leaves the property, it generally causes panic.
  • Lolcats.
  • Arrogant schmucks who think that they can control you, unaware that you could drop kick them and/or do other not very nice things to them, yet still think they're superior
  • make you allergic to them

Fixed :p

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
WolSHaman said:
Arrogant schmucks who think that they can control you, unaware that you could drop kick them and/or do other not very nice things to them, yet still think they're superior

LOL so true, so true.

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score
dogs are dumb but im too. so i like dogs more.
i had a cat once but it went out to another cat, got babys and then ran on the street to get killed by a car. so we had 4 little cats without mum >.<. my dog doesnt do that, he is so nice. he even eats flys when they fly around him :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.