• I like them equally.

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • I don't like cats or dogs.

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Well I saw the discussion in the other thread, but didn't want to derail it too much, so started this one.

So, what do you prefer, cats or dogs?

My opinion:

Dogs:
  • Dogs tend to be more interactive, more fun to play with.
  • Vastly more trainable than cats.
  • As they are not as independent/selfish as cats are, they are eager to please their master. Cats tend to laugh in your face if you do something they don't want to do.
  • Who walks a cat? Dogs are good for you, get you out and about, a reason to do excercise.
  • Tend to be "smarter" in the sense you can teach them tricks/obedience.

Cats:
  • Generally softer coat makes them more pleasent to pat.
  • Generally make less noise than, especially at night you don't hear their paws tapping on lino/hard surfaces.
  • Need less assistance. They usually go out and do their own thing and you don't have to worry about what they have done or where they have been. If a dog runs away or leaves the property, it generally causes panic.
  • Lolcats.

I prefer dogs, hehe.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I dunno, I've always liked cats better. I used to have a cat that was very emotional, when i would come home it would climb on my shoulder and sleep there. It was awesome.

I consider dogs to be dumb actually.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I would say dogs but expressing my opinion makes me an ass. :rolleyes:

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
It does unless a new thread is made specifically for it. :thup: I can't decide between the two. They are both great.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Cats are a money sink.

Dogs are a money sink also, but if you were being attacked a dog would come to your aid whereas a cat would sit and watch.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
If that's the case, of only wanted a dog because it can defend you, then probably i'd choose a cat. Unless I get one of those crazy cats that attack intruders like dog (I've seen them).

As for just a pet, a companion, a cat.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Cats all the way. I grew up with two cats and so I always preffered them. The cat we have right now is huge and can be a bit of an annoyance sometimes - she insists on tearing apart our beds in the midle of the night - but she's like a member of the family :)

Plus, you generally don't have to clean up after your cat, unless they do it in your house :rolleyes:

And don't think cats can't defend themselves. One cat we had long ago attacked a stray dog that leapt out at her and she caused quite some damage.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Cats.

My cat, is litter trained. thats amazing ^^

My cat, comes when I call her.

MY cat, will play fetch.

My cat, will lay with you and watch tv.

My cat, will play many different ways, chase, fetch, dangling string.

My cat, owns.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Cats. Cause I'm lazy... and I don't like giant things sleeping with me... (unless its AC's mom of course)

And don't think you can't teach a cat to do tricks... it just takes a bit more effort.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
I like cats better especially for their independence. I'm not sure that dogs are smarter, just more obedient. I always feel that dogs are like slaves. Always working for their master and having no life of their own. Cats will just walk away if they don't want to do something. And they are self suffiecient as well.

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
Meet the parents said:
The dog is an emotionally shallow animal.
See, Greg, if you yell at a dog, his ears will go down and his tail will cover his genitals even if he's done nothing wrong. It's very easy to break a dog. But cats make you work for their affection. Cats don't sell out like dogs do.

I prefer dogs, but the above quote did make me chuckle

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Cats:

1. They are prone to run away from the owner.
2. They hate owners picking them up.
3. They even scratch me on the face, causing my girlfriend to run away from me. (Of course it's one day.)
4. I hate their poop. It's too soft for me to pick it up like a rock, with a tissue paper.
5. They love to use their tail on me while I was sleeping. I usually can't sleep with them around at my friend's house.
6. They are too adorable to had me getting tricked. Their cute big eyes are really something...:eek:
7. They caused a lot of fights with other neighbor's cats. Out at my backyard, they were fighting like gangsters Al Capone and Scarface!!

Dogs:
1. They bark a lot at moving objects.
2. They always pee on the front wheels of my car. Only!
3. They poop on the streets.
4. Dog poop makes you lucky. I even got myself a 2000 NTD out of stepping on a dog poop and a free lotto ticket.
5. They drool!!
6. They are sad every day. :(
7. Sometimes, they are weird. Some kept on bumping into the electric poles. Others, however, watch those dogs...:rolleyes:
8. They are very brave. Brave at attacking mail delivers on motorcycles.

------------

Conculsion: I choose cats.

duyen

Reaction score
Cats.

Another pro for cats, which you sorta mentioned, yeah they're very clean when they do they're business, no cleaning up after them.

And generally cats are smaller so they don't eat as much.

As w/e said, cats are selfsufficent, they can live in the wild and find their own food, a dog would just die.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I third that! Besides, there's a musical about them, called CATS.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well Dogs were actually more useful in the human timeline then cats.
As you should all know, Dogs are really just Wolfs that were decimated by Humans to create a new species...

Each Breed actually has its own purposes,
Poodles - German Bird Hunting.
Retriever - Quite obvious...
Pug - Delicious snack for Chinese royalty :p

You can't forget originally dogs with humans was as all interaction betweens animals; I help you, you help me. Wolves could track down prey, while humans could kill larger prey. But yet again, now days they are still being used as sight dogs, etc.

Which as for Cats; I have yet to see a Sight cat (although I have seen a few small ponies)

Reaction score
Two of my best friends own cats. I'd like to have one too.

I always loved the cats of the other dude. Kasper, the older one, always follows us where ever we go.
Jasmin is a bit more shy than Kasper, and keeps noise all the time. When someone sneezes, Jasmin makes LOUD meow.

But I think it's still funnier to play with a dog. Don't know, none of my friends have dog anymore.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.