Certain Units Not Receiving Auras

Gryffin

Reaction score
In my game Manifest, I have buildings over which you can take control. The buildings have auras with infinite range that affect all allied units. However, specific units, and even specific units on a certain team, do NOT receive at least one of the auras (but may receive others). This appears to not be random, as I've tested it multiple times. I've checked everything from the unit stats to the ability and buff stats, and nothing is different about these units. Most of the units receive the auras perfectly well. Is there something I'm not seeing that disallows these units, even units of a certain team, to receive specific auras. Or is it a glitch? Or is it too much for the game to handle? Any ideas?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
what kind of auras, what kinds of units?

vampiric aura for example cannot buff ranged units. structure on the other hands might recieve auras but the buff doesnt show by default.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
There are bugs in the game, but it's hard for us to specify what your problem is without more information on what ability you are using and what type of unit isn't being affected.

Gryffin

Reaction score
what kind of auras, what kinds of units?

vampiric aura for example cannot buff ranged units. structure on the other hands might recieve auras but the buff doesnt show by default.

Hey, thanks for responding.
I wasn't aware that Vampiric does not affect ranged units. That was my exact issue. That really is a pity, though. I can't think of another aura that has the same affect as vampiric. Maybe the inability to affect ranged units will work out for the design; we'll see. Thanks for the help.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you can give each unit the ability life steal or add / remove it via triggers

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Alternatively, you can use a damage event and check for the buff on the damaging unit, and then set the damaging unit's health to its current health plus a percentage of the damage caused.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Alternatively, you can use a damage event and check for the buff on the damaging unit, and then set the damaging unit's health to its current health plus a percentage of the damage caused.

or you just use the built in ability that does this.....

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
or you just use the built in ability that does this.....
That's why I said alternatively. Adding an ability to every unit to give them... well... the ability to restore life on attack works, except for units that transform. That's what makes the alternate method just as viable.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
why wouldnt it work for morphing units?
Only hero abilities and items are retained between forms. For example, if you add the "Spell Damage Reduction" ability to increase the spell damage taken by a target and the target uses Metamorphosis afterwards, the target hero stops taking additional spell damage. I think there's a call to make the ability permanent to prevent this, but I haven't tested it.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
but you can add the ability to both forms of the morphing ability, thus it would work for both i guess.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
I'm pretty confident that the ability disappears when you re-enter the previous form because the game gets the unit type's abilities and not any trigger added abilities. Same reason for unit ability cooldowns reset when you shift between forms.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i havent said he should add them via a trigger. he might add them in the editor and either set the building as a techtree requirement (if this works for item abilities) or alternatively disable the ability at map init and enable the ability again when the building is taken over.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i prefer to use as little triggering as possible since the built in game functions are alot faster then any self made triggers might be i believe.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.