Change to cast purge when auto attack problem

leon0007

Reaction score
I use ability bash as base spell but it will not trigger the purge. How to correct it?

Events
Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions
And - All (Conditions) are true
Conditions
((Attacked unit) has buff Stunned (Pause)) Equal to True
(Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to The Stormcaller
Actions
Unit - Create 1 dummy (Custom Campaign) for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at (Position of (Attacked unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
Unit - Add Purge to (Last created unit)
Unit - Set level of Purge for (Last created unit) to (Level of Purge for (Attacking unit))
Wait 0.20 seconds
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shaman - Purge (Attacked unit)

Yamuraiha

Reaction score
I advice you to use the ability of the item Orb of Lightning and make it a hero skill or a unit skill. That will be a lot simpler.

O.A

Quantum physics rules
Reaction score
I don't know if you already went with another solution, but for future reference, what was said above is true. Both "Last created unit" and "Attacked unit" are global variables, and can be overwritten during the .2 wait. Using "Triggering Unit" for event response is better.

Otherwise the trigger looks like it should work, have you made sure your dummy unit has the required mana to cast Purge, or alternatively make a custom Purge with 0 mana cost.

Ps. I recommend using a longer expiration timer for dummy units (2-3 seconds), there are situations where 1 second might not be enough.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
It also depends on the duration of the Stunned buff. The trigger only gets activated when the unit starts to attack the already buffed victim. Ie, the trigger is not supposed to trigger right when the victim gets buffed.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It also depends on the duration of the Stunned buff. The trigger only gets activated when the unit starts to attack the already buffed victim. Ie, the trigger is not supposed to trigger right when the victim gets buffed.

Yup. You're better off checking if the attacker has the ability "Purge" in the conditions, and if it has, order a dummy to cast Purge on the target.

As others have said, generally dummy units are created for 3 seconds for stability purposes, and you should never use global variables after a wait (0.20 second here). If your dummy unit has been configured adequately, no wait should be required anyway.

Make sure it has no animation cast/backswing and that it has mana.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.