changing hero skill

theDTD

Reaction score
,how can i trigger this??
-------
,when a hero acquires an item(undroppable), one of his skills will be changed permanently
,i tried using these actions but doesnt work,
-add ability, remove ability, set level . . .
-------
thnx for any help

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Post your triggers? How did you use them? Are the skills unit abilities or hero abilities?

-OverpoweR-

Reaction score
post how you solved it,so someone else with the same problem will know what to do when he gets to this same problem :D

theDTD

Reaction score
,well i actually changed it a little bit from the main idea, but still works the same, (for me)
,as i first said, when a unit acquires itemX, one of his skill will be changed permanently, (but i didnt change the skill here ~_~)
,in my case, its a summon skill that will summon a water elemental,
,when the unit acquires itemX the skill should be changed to a diff summon skill but will summon a powerful naga unit,
,now, what i did is that i didnt change the skill but triggered it to summon naga instead of water elemental, by doing something like this:
------
when Summoner summons a unit,
Summoner has itemX
remove summoned Unit
Create 1 naga for Summoner

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
While that works, you need to add an expiration timer or the summon is going to be permanent (not sure if you want that).

This a little complex but what you wanted in the original post: a way to replace one skill with another. The passive skill Engineering Upgrade (Neutral Hostile/Heroes) allows you to replace one skill with another. But we don't want the player to see what you did, so we need a way to hide it. Here comes the Spellbook ability (Item ability). Spellbooks can be disabled via triggers, but any passives contained within will still affect the unit. Since Engineering Upgrade is a passive, it can be contained within a spellbook ability which is disabled to hide itself.

Roughly what you need to do: create a custom EU and SB ability. Take all of the values of EU and set them to 0 (+movespeed, +damage, etc.) and get rid of the buff so it doesn't show on the Hero. More than likely just set the max levels to 1 and set the Data - Ability Upgrade 1 to Summon Water Elemental, Summon Naga. This will make it switch the abilities. For the SB, change Data - Min/Max spells to 1 and Data - Spell List to your custom EU ability. Now with a trigger add the spellbook to your Hero, disable the spellbook, and you're ready to go!

Of course, halfway through typing that I realize that's the wrong answer, but it's very useful information you may want later. It's a more permanent solution than does/doesn't this Hero have an item. For what you want, just add the aforementioned EU ability to your item and it should be okay.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.