Changing unit Color?

chanta45

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to change a custom units model color? That would be wonderful

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Actors > Your Unit > Look down to the models section > Change each of those models to whichever colour using the 'Color' field to the right.

Maybe, I have not tested this.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Alright...
So you don't have to double post.

chanta45

Reaction score
Okay so unfortunately I changed the color value on each of the actors applied models, nuffin =/ hmm

Renendaru

Reaction score
I, unfortunately, do not know then... I'll keep looking.

chanta45

Reaction score
Alright thanks then, and if anyone else knows how to change the collision size of a unit that would also be greatly appreciated.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Well, I know HOW to, but I don't know how to get it to work. When I change its collision, it loses the ability move. Weird huh?

Dangime

Reaction score
You can change the collision size of a unit by making a custom footprint.

Look for the footprint tab in the editor.

Pick any of them and duplicate it.

There are two fields you can edit. Both of them call up a little editor that shows a grid.

At the top you can pull down a unit so it is displayed in the box. This is only for reference so you can tailor the footprint around the unit.

Use the "path blocked" red color to keep units from coming in.

Use the "ground" green color to allow units in.

Do the same thing on the other field just to be safe. Still don't know.

Full disclosure I've only done this on buildings not units. I assume its the same thing. Anyway my units can now walk around the outside of buildings instead of being blocked out by Korean Micro-masters.

Renendaru

Reaction score
Tried that method on a unit 2 days ago just about, could not get it to work for units. They get the pathing, but seem to lose the ability to walk.

chanta45

Reaction score
Actually I found out how to do it, but not the way you guys said

Rather then bothering with that footprint stuff there is two fields, radius, and inner radius, radius controls collisions with other units and inner radius controls collisions with buildings.

I believe it was under unit stats, maybe actors..

EDIT- I still really need to figure out how to change colour lmao, and btw those fields worked on my little SCV ^_^

Renendaru

Reaction score
Last time I told someone that they said it affected nothing. o.o

How odd, maybe they tested it wrong.

chanta45

Reaction score
I think so, im trying to work on a smaller unit scaled map (throwback to genesis of empires) and I just needed smaller units. Those fields definately worked, I didn't try the inner radius but I compared the collisions of my normal and small SCV's.

I needs ma colorz

Edit-It's weird because in SC2 the units still push other units out of the way, but if the difference is big enough you can tell.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.