US News Close-Up Video Shows Texas Floating Barrier Has Circular Saws

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The wrecking ball-sized buoys that make up the floating barrier that Texas Gov. Greg Abbott installed in July in the Rio Grande have circular saws between them, according to a video posted by Rep. Sylvia Garcia.

"Appalled by the ongoing cruel and inhumane tactics employed by @GovAbbott at the Texas border," Garcia, a Democrat, wrote in a post on X, formerly Twitter, alongside the clip. "The situation's reality is unsettling as these buoys' true danger and brutality come to light. We must stop this NOW!"

Mexican authorities said last week that two bodies had been recovered from the river in recent days, including one that was caught in the floating barrier. One body was found stuck in the lines of orange buoys, Mexico's Foreign Relations Department said in a statement on August 2. A second body was recovered about three miles upriver from the buoys, The Associated Press reported.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen pictures of these barriers without circular saws attached - it is possible this is fake news that some representative posted and got picked up by the mainstream press - but it is odd that these saws are in that video because as far as I know they are not supposed to be.

Old Mountain Shadow

Reaction score
I have seen pictures of these barriers without circular saws attached - it is possible this is fake news that some representative posted and got picked up by the mainstream press - but it is odd that these saws are in that video because as far as I know they are not supposed to be.

I clicked on the link to view the "saw", and it looks fairly harmless like a joke. The saw teeth are clearly designed to dissuaded someone and are not built to maim. Heck it looks like each tooth is only 3mm, and there is enough of them that it is not likely to even puncture the skin.

Now if it had been designed like a typical circle saw blade, one could make the argument that it was dangerous. But what was shown was pathetic.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.