AoS CoK - Clash of Kalimdor

joohen

Reaction score
Sub-Zero's attack projectile speed is too slow and his attack is too imba! ..The guard tower is in the standing animation, and the footman sometimes leaks? I mean it goes to the boss creep at the bottom right corner instead of going to the bases. The Fel Orc Hero's summonned unit has the "Feral Spirit" name.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Thanks I was aware of most of the problems except the "feral spirit" one. I don't know how to change it :p.

Sub-Zero is actually quite difficult to play. I have tested it with my friends and he is very delicate.

And I think it is supposed to? Middle lane goes to creep bosses.

Overall thoughts?

Avaleirra

P.S. And please tell me you didn't test with other people...that was an unprotected version..

joohen

Reaction score
I have no one to test with, so don't be worried. :)
For the "Feral Spirit", create one new buff with your wanted name and use it in your Reinforcements ability. :)
Thoughts: Good game, i can't even destroy the towers but i can if i use Sub Zero.Terrain needs some more improvements because its quite plain.

joohen

Reaction score
Rotting Flesh is a very nice spell. I will give some feedbacks later. OMGXXOR, using the zombie hero's Infest is imba, it can eat the bosses!!
Rating : 7.5/10 My thoughts : The creeps waves have always the same creep type. :/
The base is quite plain too....
[h1]READ THIS![/h1]

joohen

Reaction score
For the storm caller, i can spam "Stop" to activate Shock with causes ALMOST instant death to the creeps, read my post above because i edited it. I shall not post new messages ,i will just edit this post.
Edit: I can gain exp in my base.
Edit2:Oh, nah because i am kinda tired looking at same units. :)
Edit3: Frost Frenzy also can be activated by spammin Stop. Cool spell.
Edit4:Can try to put buildings in the bases. Found more interesting heroes. 8/10 Having fun!

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Yes the experiance thing is quite strange. I noticed it too. I think I will reduce experiance gain range.

Balancing is going to come after Alpha. I just want to complete heroes and eye candy right now :p

And I've never seen an AOS where creep types are different every time.

EDIT:

>the base is quite plain too...
I've really put effort into the Orc base and a bit of the nightelf base. Humans are kinda pitiful right now...

EDIT2:

ya I think I will add some buildings. Good idea :thup:

it's quite fun with other people I would say.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Gameplay Update

Am I considering changing the gameplay in my map.

I think I may remove creep bosses and instead extend the lanes in order to incorporate 2 towers into the game instead of one. I will have to remove creep bosses though.

I may also change the middle lane by adding something similar to the starcraft2 Zel'Naga tower which reveals a large portion of the map. I believe that I will change it to a 5% bonus to health, damage, and armor.

Thoughts?
Avaleirra

yami-joey

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Gameplay Update

Am I considering changing the gameplay in my map.

I think I may remove creep bosses and instead extend the lanes in order to incorporate 2 towers into the game instead of one. I will have to remove creep bosses though.

I may also change the middle lane by adding something similar to the starcraft2 Zel'Naga tower which reveals a large portion of the map. I believe that I will change it to a 5% bonus to health, damage, and armor.

Thoughts?
Avaleirra
How come I can't test your map X(

Anyway, it's fine...

joohen

Reaction score
No problemo. Like your new idea, the creep bosses thingy is too common in warcraft maps i think, lol.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Gameplay Update

scratch the old zel'naga tower thing, well not really I'm just enhancing it. I am reducing number of lanes for each team to 2 and no more creep will be sent to the middle area. The middle area will now contain creeps and 5 towers. 4 minor and 1 major. These towers can be captured because each hero will receive a tower-capturing spell. The 4 minor towers will give simple team buffs when controlled: damage, attack speed, armor, life and mana regen. The minor towers will take 5 seconds to capture. The major tower located in the middle does not give you any buffs, but instead immediatly let's you gain control of all the other towers.

Thoughts?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
how far away will these tower be of each other? i mean if they are all crowded together they will most probably end up always being controlled by one and the same team. and the big one in the middle is maybe to powerful. (how about creeps spawning in the middle for the team which takes it? and neutral hostile creeps spawning there if nobody took it yet)

btw, when will the alpha be released? looking forward to check it out.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Why alpha is going to be delayed:
-mom cutting down my computer time to an hour a day... (on iPod right now)
-new tower thing is gonna take a while
-new lanes
-adding 3 more players into the game

Give it a week, more or less

And towers are going to be quite far away from each other. It's gonna look like a box, with the major tower in the middle.

Sorry for the delay accname. And thanks for feedback! There will be creeps in the area of the towers but not protecting the towers. And if major tower spawned player creeps it may become impossible for the 2 other teams to have a chance in capturing it.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
it may spawn very few creeps or very slow. well i think it would depend on the power of your heroes/creeps how powerful that would be.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
On second thougts I think I will add creep spawning by the major tower. I'm probably also going to reduce number of minor towers to 3.

Another reason alpha is going to take a while is because I offered to help icepig with his terrain.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.