Combat System

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello!

Edit: I fixed the combat system, however I'm still having problems with a floating text thing. To easily create floating texts I do this when I need them:

Code:
Set FloatingText_Text = |cff00FF00Leaving Combat...|r
Set FloatingText_PlayerDisplay[1] = (Owner of (Picked unit))
Set FloatingText_Point = (Position of (Picked unit))
Trigger - Run Regular Floating Text <gen> (checking conditions)

This is the Regular Floating Text trigger:
Code:
Regular Floating Text
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Floating Text - Create floating text that reads FloatingText_Message at FloatingText_Point with Z offset 0.00, using font size 9.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
        Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.50 seconds
        Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 0.75 seconds
        Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                FloatingText_ShowToAllPlayers Equal to False
            Then - Actions
                Floating Text - Hide (Last created floating text) for (All players)
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (Player group(FloatingText_PlayerDisplay[(Integer A)])))
            Else - Actions
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_FloatingText_Point)
        Set FloatingText_ShowToAllPlayers = False

Problem is that no floating text is showed to the player I want to show it. What could be wrong?

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
Hello!

Edit: I fixed the combat system, however I'm still having problems with a floating text thing. To easily create floating texts I do this when I need them:

Code:

Code:
Regular Floating Text
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        Floating Text - Create floating text that reads FloatingText_Message at FloatingText_Point with Z offset 0.00, using font size 9.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.50 seconds
        Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 0.75 seconds
        Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (Player group(FloatingText_PlayerDisplay[(Integer A)])))
            Else - Actions

Problem is that no floating text is showed to the player I want to show it. What could be wrong?

were are
FloatingText_ShowToAllPlayers set?
show all triggers?

Leazy

Reaction score
The point is that it's not set to true, so the text should only get displayed to the player that I have set. Show to all players is set to true when I want all players to see the floating text.

IsenhaRt

Reaction score
uhm..can you explain me your combat system? do you have a demo map? im in need of it for my RPG....tnx!:)

Leazy

Reaction score
I don't have a demo map, but I could give you the code:

Trigger:
  • Enter Combat
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Damage taken) Greater than 0.00
    • Actions
      • -------- Floating Text Displaying: Entering Combat (Display to Damage Target) --------
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • CombatCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Set UnitGroup[1] = (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup[1] and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set FloatingText_Text = |cffFF0000Entering Combat|r
              • Set FloatingText_PlayerDisplay[1] = (Owner of (Picked unit))
              • Set FloatingText_Point = (Position of (Picked unit))
              • Trigger - Run Regular Floating Text &lt;gen&gt; (checking conditions)
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_UnitGroup[1])
        • Else - Actions
      • -------- Floating Text Displaying: Entering Combat (Display to Damage Source) --------
        • If - Conditions
          • CombatCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Damage source)))] Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Set UnitGroup[1] = (Units owned by (Owner of (Damage source)) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set FloatingText_Text = |cffFF0000Entering Combat|r
        • Else - Actions
      • -------- Enter Combat --------
      • Set Integer[1] = 7
      • Set CombatCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = Integer[1]
      • Set CombatCount[(Player number of (Owner of (Damage source)))] = Integer[1]
      • -------- Remove &#039;&#039;Out of Combat&#039;&#039; --------
      • Set UnitGroup[1] = (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) of type Out of Combat)
      • Set UnitGroup[2] = (Units owned by (Owner of (Damage source)) of type Out of Combat)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 2, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup[(Integer A)] and do (Unit - Remove (Picked unit) from the game)
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_UnitGroup[GetForLoopIndexA()])

Trigger:
  • Leave Combat
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • CombatCount[(Integer A)] Greater than 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Set CombatCount[(Integer A)] = (CombatCount[(Integer A)] - 1)
              • -------- Leave Combat --------
                • If - Conditions
                  • CombatCount[(Integer A)] Equal to 0
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set Point[1] = (Center of (Playable map area))
                  • Set UnitGroup[1] = (Units owned by (Player((Integer A))) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
                    • Loop - Actions
                      • Set FloatingText_Text = |cff00FF00Leaving Combat...|r
                  • Set InCombat[(Integer A)] = False
                  • -------- Create &#039;&#039;Out of Combat&#039;&#039; --------
                  • Unit - Create 1 Out of Combat for (Player((Integer A))) at Point[1] facing Default building facing degrees
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point[1])
                • Else - Actions
                  • Set InCombat[(Integer A)] = True
            • Else - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Number of units in (Units owned by (Player((Integer A))) of type Out of Combat)) Equal to 0
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set Point[1] = (Center of (Playable map area))
                  • Unit - Create 1 Out of Combat for (Player((Integer A))) at Point[1] facing Default building facing degrees
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point[1])
                • Else - Actions

Manix

Reaction score
Hello!

Code:

Code:
Regular Floating Text
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
            Else - Actions

I don't know if that's it but this isn't the same thing:

Floating Text - Create floating text that reads FloatingText_Message

And I can't understand this:

You're only setting FloatingText_PlayerDisplay[1]

Leazy

Reaction score
Owe, crap. It was all a small mistake =\ I mixed the variables together, well, thanks for the help & +rep. The reason for this line:

Code:

Is that sometimes I set display players to more than just one, and I don't want them to still be as display players in the next text.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.