RPG Community RPG Project

bobby5589

Reaction score
TFT Community RPG Project
The Concept:
The concept of the project is to try to get as many people that play RPGs on B-net to join up and help out with the storyline, quests, systems, ect. either by helping code, terrain, or write, or just giving their ideas.​
Who We Need:
We not only need people who know how to map (terrain, code, writers, ect.), but this is a chance for RPG fans to get out their ideas in an enviroment that they will be heard. All suggestions will be taken into account and if plausible will be discussed.​
Project Members:
Leader:
-Bobby5589 (Roberutsu)

Developers: (Developers are those who lead in a section like terrain or JASS and can make critical decisions.)
-Indignation [~JASS Leader~]
-Fritz

Members:
Anyone that joins up to help with the project will be concided a member. Those who actively help and give ideas will those who are mentioned in any credits off of site(project forums).​

General:
Name: Yet to be decided.
Game Type: RPG (Roleplaying Game)
[Note: This is not an ORPG. It is story based although it will play somewhat similar to the ORPGs you've played, but there will be major differences.]

Systems:
Monetary:
I would like to incorporate an extended system where players will use several currencies for purchases. I am concidering using the normal copper, silver, gold, platinum, but with a twist. There will be a varying exchange rate (Ex. If a merchant wants gold and you have silver you will need to exchange your silver for gold. It may be in your favor or you might get unlucky and there will be a bad rate.

Custom Skills:
All skills in the game will be JASS intergrated into a JASS skill system. The system will calculate damage, level, resistence, ect.

Familiar & Custom Classes:
The basic classes for the game will be based on those that you can find in just about any RPG. The custom classes will be fun and whacky class trees that try to break out of the box.
The class system will break down into a tree structure where a players chooses their starting class and from there that class will branch off into further classes.

Melee & Spells / Stats / Inventory:
The melee and spells system will calculate the damage done and received by units ingame. It goes hand in hand with a broken down stats system which currently breaks down in somewhat this way...
Melee/Ranged
Attack:
Defense:
Chance to Perry:
Chance to Evade:
Chance to Miss or Evade:
Hit Rating: (This is a counter to dodge/miss/parry etc.)
Attack Speed:
(Note: This will change very little. It will be affected by the weapon type used. Ex. 2-handed swords will attack slower)

Block: (Each shield will have a block % and block value. The block value can then be further edited by abilities and buffs etc.)
Spell
Resistance: (Like def. for melee/range.)
Resist Rate: (This will be coded similarly to miss rate. It is a function of your leve and the targets level. It will also be affected by resistances. Please note this is different from Resistance. Resistance is damage MITIGATION. Resist Rate is damage AVOIDANCE. Hit Rating also counters this.)

Str: }
Agi: }} All used for spells. Name changes are a maybe.
Int: }

Damage:
AOE:
DPS:
Range:
Casttime or Cooldown:
Mana:
Spell Haste: (This mostly for use with buffs and whatnot but I predict some gear will have spell haste to make casting slightly faster.)

Other
Health:
Mana:
HP Regeneration:
MP Regeneration:
Movement Speed: (Affected my some items and spells only. Terrain a maybe.)
The inventory system connects both with the melee&spell system and the stats system. We will incorperate a inventory like that which you see within many newer MMORPGs.

World Map:
The world map system is what will allow you to move from area to area. When entering an area that you have a quest for you will be able to select which quest you would like to complete. For some quests the area will be different then normal.

EXP:
This hasn't been worked out yet, but there will definately be a custom EXP system.​

Storyline:
Opening:
Opening Cincematic: On a cliff overlooking a large current. A man stands atop it.

Legends... they exist you know. They exist for many reasons, my children. They exist... for hope. To endure these harsh times.

Ahead, it shows a fire.

But.. they also exist to instill fear. Fear of judgment. It can maintain order, but the darkness of some hearts still exist.

A woman walks up behind the man. They stand together staring at the blaze.

I know of such legends, my children. There exists a special place for those that die with unresolved motive. It is like an alternate world. A world of fantasy, magic, danger... a world of peril and fear.

A small child joins them. The man steps forward.

But this place comes at a price. Every memory you possess, washed from you. You know not who you are, only that the weak perish quickly in this world. Many people speak of this place as a blessing, a second chance.

The camera circles around them, showing fire enclosing in on them from all sides.

I assure you children, this is not the case...

The picture zoom out as the three are engulfed in flame.

Starting Town: Garden of Arrivals
stem,
Description: This town is full of wisps, frail looking fighters, and troubled mages. Everyone seems to be unsure of whom is who. What is their purpose here? A large otherworldly looking figure floats in the center of the garden. He has no name, but he is known as the Guide. Those who seek to accept their fate and start anew find their way to him. Their trust is placed in him, for where else should it go? How could such a figure possibly betray them?

The Garden of Arrivals is where you start out as a wisp. It is a ghostly looking place encased in fog. Players will spawn randomly in town and may speak to the other wisps floating around. Your first mission is for everyone to find the Guide. Upon reaching him, he will explain a few things about the party system, and task everyone with talking to different figures. These figures are known as the Incarnates. These are the ones that determine your starting Archetype. After you speak with them all you return to the Guide and he tells you that you must now walk a path. Speak again with an Incarnate that you feel suits you. Once you pick an Incarnate, you will be frozen until everyone else picks one. At this time all the wisps depsawn and the town is populated with others that have chosen an Archetype, and the fog that surrounded the garden lifts. You then return to the Guide and explains that they must now prove themselves. After you do a few quests, the Guide slowly talks more and more about a strange prescence approaching the garden. After a few more the Guide is suddenly not where he usually is, but is near the "Vine of Reality" (This is where you usually go to be teleported to where you do your starting quests.) Talking to him there reveals that this garden is about to be assaulted by beings called Spirit Eaters. He explains there are many gardens like this and they have been slowly falling to these creatures. He then throws up a warning as all NPC's in the town assemble for battle.

You are then given the quest to survive for 5 minutes. During this time you are assaulted by various Spirit Eater creatures that strangely resemble the Guide. The NPC's all help out during this mass attack. After you survive for 5 minutes, a powerful figure appears and it goes back to a cinematic. The Guide confronts this figure and asks what it wants. The figure mocks the guide and calls him a traitor, just like the others. The Guide is then struck by a damaging attack and is rendered fatally wounded. With the last of his energy, he sends the players far away and leaves you with one request.

Live on.

The players find themselves passed out on a shoreline on some continent. They all recover and decide that they must get to the bottom of whats going on.

The adventures eventually leads them to uncover that there is more to this alternate world than meets the eye, and that there are a group of warriors the survived the attack opn the gardens that seek to uncover a way to merge the World of Spirits with the World of the Living. Eventually a spacerift is torn in the World of Spirits that connects both worlds and sends them both on a collision course, where both gods and mortals would be destroyed. Can it be stopped?

Chapter 1 - Heaven's Flames And the Misguided Priest Teaser:
When a town church mysteriously bursts into flames, its priest by its side continues to aid the people. The town searches for an invisible, but known arsonist. Misguidance leads those willing to follow astray, whether on a path of good or evil, their lives stay at a stand still.

Music:
There will be custom inline music. The music will be optional, those that wish to here the music for the map will be allowed to download a file containing all custom music and be able to place it into the wc3 directory on their computer to hear it ingame.​

Terrain:
The terrain will be "smooth terrain". It unfortunately hasn't been started yet.
I'm just going to post links since the images don't stay.

Garden
Mountain Pass

Other Possiblities:
PvP~ The talk about PvP is that we may introduce a seperate map for PvP. The details of such work has yet to be discussed.
Inline Models(ect.)~ We have been discussing using inline models for the map. Yes we are aware then if players do not have the files they will recieve the squares. So far from those I've asked they would be find downloading a package containing files for the map.
Suggestions! All suggestions are possiblities. Join the project and get your WC3 RPG dreams heard.​

To join the project head over to my website http://gamerstudios.vndv.com (more of personal site then anything) and make an account on the forums.
However, if you have more questions my MSN is archimedes5589 @ hotmail.com

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
Why, that's such a silly question! He will do [Insert minuscule task here], while coordinating this project!

Yet another "Oh man, let's make a super project together!" At least they're back to once a week.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Some time ago, such projects were created daily. I kept my eye on some of them. They all failed. I eaven got involved in one project. The "leader" turned out to be a mindless workoholic, fanatic, who expected the people to be gods at WE (he wanted to create a wasd moovment system, first person camera, roll system, jump, and double jump system, and an FPS aiming system(only with the mouse) in 2 hours :nuts::nuts::nuts::nuts: Did I mention that all he did was tell us what to do and never do any actuall work on the map itself?

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
The idea of map is nice, but I suggest you to first make something actually playable, then post here, couse 90% map ideas fails.

bobby5589

Reaction score
Ok, ok. That's fair enough seeing that I have no way of really showing anything about myself. The only real thing I could say about myself was I did some terrain in TCHORPG, but whitey quit that for some reason he never told me.

I'll be sure to post when we get something playable for everyone to test. :thup:

bobby5589

Reaction score
Just doing a quick reread of the posts since I added a preview of some of the terrain I'm (Yes, I'm working on). While I do agree that I should get something out to test before I really expect lots of people to join up, I would like to point out that what I really wanted to gain from posting here was player feedback. Ideas of what the players would like to see in a game.

Also, about the "I only plan on directing the project" crack, it's not really what I had planned on doing. I was actually expecting to end up doing all the work myself seeing as that's usually where things go when I try to do something. At the moment if you are wondering, it's been me and indignation (who volunteered to do JASS) working things out.

Anyways, back to the subject of that screenshot. Any suggestions on making the area look nicer would be appropriated. Thanks if you read this and also sorry if I sorta started to rant a bit or maybe a lot I don't know.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I cant see your screenshot ( just a li´l red X ).

Just keep pushing this forward. People usually join projects when they realize that " damn, this looks sweet " or something like that.

Just post more screenshots about terrain, abilities, enemies and characters and everything.

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
In my honest opinion, you should join some other project, rather than trying to realise that huge list in first post.

bobby5589

Reaction score
I probably should have have sat he had done before I posted this.
Systems
Monetary: JASS 100% - ready to go
Custom Skills: Well, didn't really get to making spells yet, mainly ideas are needed here.
Familiar & Custom Classes: Just need to work out how they start, grow and spells for them(custom spells).
Melee & Spells / Stats / Inventory: 75%-90% on this, Indignation and me keep tweaking it, but as it stands it is functional.
World Map: Rather simple and just needs implemented when there's some terrain to work with.
EXP: Haven't discussed exactly how we want to go about it, but w/e we decide it won't be hard to make.

Other then that the rest is pretty much just ideas.

Also, the reason I wanted to start the project was to try and give people a chance to get some of their ideas into a map, hence a "community" project. Also since you mentioned joining another project I've been doing things here and there to help rabid and whitey on their new project (rabid_wienerdog & whitey93). So like I said this was meant to be a chance for people to get some of their ideas heard.

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Whenever you post a project, usually you will always get ideas. You don't need to emphasize this "community" stuff.

bobby5589

Reaction score
I added more terrain screens for the Garden and some for the Mountain Pass I just did. I really like how the waterfall come out (MP screen 7). What do you guys think of it?

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Terrain needs a lot of work. The tree's in the garden look bad when massed and with the same basic hieght. Also, add a fog into your area's. The mountian pass looks like you used blizzard cliffs :(. Good luck on the project.

bobby5589

Reaction score
I totally forgot about fog. XP
Also, I just don't see what you mean about the trees. The pass is just really steep, I should probably add some variation to it. I'll post some new screens when I get some fog in and add some variation to the mountain.

Thanks for a comment that's actually constructive.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Yea, I think you need to change some of the tree's hieghts. That would look better, not have them all the same hieght. No problem for comment.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
ACsApprovel.png

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.