News Costco, Trader Joe's and Walmart products made with cheese linked to deadly listeria outbreak

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A sweeping recall of dairy products linked to a lethal listeria outbreak is expanding to foods sold at major retailers including Costco, Trader Joe's and Walmart.

The latest items being recalled include dips, dressings, salad and taco kits sold at the grocery chains and follows a recall of nearly 60 cheese and dairy products by Modesto, Calif.-based Rizo-López Foods earlier this week. That came as federal health officials said new evidence had linked the company's products to a listeria outbreak first detected nearly a decade ago.

At least 26 people in 11 states have been stricken in the ongoing outbreak, with the latest illness occurring in December, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. One person died in California in 2017, and another fatality occurred in Texas in 2020, the CDC said.

Fresh Express on Friday said it's recalling two salad kits with condiment packs containing the recalled cheese.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I just got a subpoena to provide receipts for onions we bought from Thomson International from the 2020 salmonella outbreak. I wonder if I'll get one about this soon.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Thankfully I do not shop at any of those stores. I mainly shop Kroger and Randalls for most of my dairy stuff and cheeses because Randalls has better cheese than Kroger.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.