Couple triggers

pr0-assasin

Reaction score
I need 2 triggers for my map but I can't make them very efficient or work.

One is I need all the heroes on the map to lose a set amount of hp in a set amount of time.

This one is a bit complicated but I need it so when the hero casts a spell It heals the user for 30% of max hp

Also I have only been able to play roc for awhile so I am using roc editor

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
One is I need all the heroes on the map to lose a set amount of hp in a set amount of time.
For this i made a trigger which will make all heroes in the map, lose 1 hp every 1 sec, change it to whatever you like.
Code:
Lose Health
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set TempUnitGroup = (Units in (Entire map))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempUnitGroup and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        ((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - 1.00)
                    Else - Actions
        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_TempUnitGroup)
This one is a bit complicated but I need it so when the hero casts a spell It heals the user for 30% of max hp
Code:
Heal
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to [COLOR="Red"][Your Spell][/COLOR]
    Actions
        Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) + ((Max life of (Triggering unit)) x 0.30))
For [Your Spell] you could create an ability based on wind walk, and set all values to 0.

Hope it helped you :)

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
in a set amount of time
Do you want every X seconds your heroes to lose hp or when the time reaches X seconds the units lose hp. Explain more

"set amount of hp" is unexplained. So he basically gave you the general idea. Change the 1 with the amount of hp that you want your heroes to lose...

P.S: I can make those triggers for you if you want but you got everything that you need

X-maul

Reaction score
It looks like it will work but I don't see how you got the - 1.00 in 'then actions'

If you go to "Unit - Set Life (To Value)" you can click the amount and scroll up till you find something named "Arithmetic" which allows you to; plus(+), minus(-), devide(/) and multiply(x).

X-maul

Reaction score
Idk but for the life of me I can't ind 'unit-starts the effect of an ability'

I feel so noob D:

Its under "Unit - Generic Unit Event"
as basic it will say "A unit Dies"
you can change it to many different things, and "Starts the effect of an ability" is one of them :)

np :) getting to know WE took me some time aswell:thup:

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Idk but for the life of me I can't ind 'unit-starts the effect of an ability'

I feel so noob D:
Nah. You will start coding in no time.

P.S: Don't read tutorials. They will only confuse you more. Try downloading some spells from here, here or here and most of the stuff will be a piece of cake.

P.P.S: Don't download Jass spells for now. Stick to GUI. It's more user-friendly

pr0-assasin

Reaction score
Well I'll excell with coding in a few years I was accepted to ISU college of engineering for software engineering but thanks for the links

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.