cpu usage

D

darkassaisin

every one who has dled my city RPG map has found out that it is a big map and when i m just siting there the cpu ucage of the comp is on at least 30% so when u try to do something it goes very slow cause it has too much stuff in it when i try to add shadows to the map it freezes up and it is not the comp i have a very fast and powerful one it is the map so what can i do to make i go fast or what could i delete on the map?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
its unfortunate that the editor lets us make very complex maps without giving us much of an idea how fast / slow it will run when playing it.

You have too much of something:

- triggers running
- units / doodads on the map

you need to reduce your use of either one or the other (or both).

D

darkassaisin

i no that it is doodads cause i got 8197 of those so i will get rid of those and triggers i have many of those too

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow that is a lot of doodads....

yah, blizzard was very generous in setting their limit of the number of doodads you could have. More doodads means the game runs slower. At around the 6000-8000 mark there will be a noticeable lag experienced by low-mid range computers.

Triggers will start to lag your game when you get up around the 200 triggers mark.

S

sATARa

Yeah, Darg is right. Although, it makes a huge difference wether you use plain doodads or destructibles. For an example, if you have many, many trees on your map, witch are normaly destructibles, change some of them to normal indestructible tree doodads.
Also its a good habit to delete triggers that run only once, after they finish running.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.