Creating camera distances

Silentnight1

Reaction score
My apologizes for probably making a thread thats gunna be stupid, but I am tryin to find a guide on adding camera distances and I cant find one, wasnt having any luxck wit google, so figured Id just post and see if anyone has a good link for how to do it. Thnx

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
works like a charm
Trigger:
  • camera zoom
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to ((Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 10)))) x 10.00) over 2.00 seconds

the x10 is because players will type somthing like -zoom 100-400 witch will zoom in the normal zoom is somthing like 1600

Silentnight1

Reaction score
works like a charm
Trigger:
  • camera zoom
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -zoom as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to ((Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 10)))) x 10.00) over 2.00 seconds

the x10 is because players will type somthing like -zoom 100-400 witch will zoom in the normal zoom is somthing like 1600

Ok tyvm for this, only took me like 10 min to read all this and figure out how to actually write it, whether or not I understand it is a different story, but it works lol.

But now I am having the issue where if I zoom out too far, I start gettin that black haze at around the 350-400 zoom mark, how do I rid that black fading and just keep it completely visable?

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
um add a if/then/else and use the condition
Trigger:
  • (Integer((Entered chat string))) Greater than x(sorry i dunno what the range is for when it goes black

then do nothing
else setting the game cam to your range

you can also change the x10 to somthing els to fit your bidding but i suggest keeping the if/then/else

Silentnight1

Reaction score
um add a if/then/else and use the condition
Trigger:
  • (Integer((Entered chat string))) Greater than x(sorry i dunno what the range is for when it goes black

then do nothing
else setting the game cam to your range

you can also change the x10 to somthing els to fit your bidding but i suggest keeping the if/then/else

K im not actually sure what ur sayin here at all, my apologizes, still new to a few things, cameras being one of them. =/

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you need to set the farZ value of the camera object for each player to some incredibly high. 10000 is the maximum for it.

i dont know how it was in GUI, something like this:
"Camera - set FarZ for PLAYER to VALUE"
PLAYER is a player variable
VALUE is a real variable

the action itself is called "Camera - set camera field for player" i guess but as i said, i cant remember correctly. just search for something like this along the lines.

Silentnight1

Reaction score
you need to set the farZ value of the camera object for each player to some incredibly high. 10000 is the maximum for it.

i dont know how it was in GUI, something like this:
"Camera - set FarZ for PLAYER to VALUE"
PLAYER is a player variable
VALUE is a real variable

the action itself is called "Camera - set camera field for player" i guess but as i said, i cant remember correctly. just search for something like this along the lines.

ok well I found this action, and I set it up, set the player variable, set real variable to 10000, over 1 second. but its still hazing around 400, i tried changing the over time variable, tried different numbers on the real Variable, nothing, identical blackness. Thoughts?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
should work. could you upload the map for me to have a look? or post all of your triggers here which are relevant.

Silentnight1

Reaction score
should work. could you upload the map for me to have a look? or post all of your triggers here which are relevant.

sorry took so long, gettin random internet huick ups constantly. Some triggers are messy but all there, there is another set of camera triggers in the Initial that i was just messing with and might not be fully as they were. just fyi.

Attachments

• Map #2.w3m
    96.7 KB · Views: 135

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
thats just the normal standard fog. to disable it just add the following line to your init trigger:
Trigger:
  • Enviroment - Set fog to style Linear, z-start 9999999.00, z-end 9999999.00, density 0.00 and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.