creating too many dummies...

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
well, im working on a spell pack requested by my friend... Its in GUI and my GUI is a bit rusty so...
Trigger:
  • Ice Path Periodic
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.04 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in GROUP[1] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set UNIT = (Picked unit)
          • Set Angle = (Load 0 of (Key (Picked unit)) from IcePathHT)
          • Set Distance = (Load 1 of (Key (Picked unit)) from IcePathHT)
          • Set Distance = (Distance + (1250.00 x 0.04))
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • Distance Less than (Load 2 of (Key (Picked unit)) from IcePathHT)
            • Then - Actions
              • Set LOCATION[1] = (Position of (Picked unit))
              • Set LOCATION[2] = (LOCATION[1] offset by (1250.00 x 0.04) towards Angle degrees)
              • Custom script: call SetUnitX( GetEnumUnit(), GetLocationX( udg_LOCATION[ 2 ] ) )
              • Custom script: call SetUnitY( GetEnumUnit(), GetLocationY( udg_LOCATION[ 2 ] ) )
              • Special Effect - Create a special effect at LOCATION[2] using Abilities\Spells\Undead\FrostNova\FrostNovaTarget.mdl
              • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
              • Set GROUP[5] = (Units within 250.00 of LOCATION[2] matching (((((Matching unit) is A structure) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of UNIT)) Equal to True)) and (((Matching unit) is in GROUP[3]) Equal to False)))
              • Unit Group - Pick every unit in GROUP[5] and do (Actions)
                • Loop - Actions
                  • Set LOCATION[3] = (Position of (Picked unit))
                  • Unit - Cause UNIT to damage (Picked unit), dealing (1.50 x (Real((Intelligence of UNIT (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
                    • Loop - Actions
                      • Unit - Create 1 Universal Dummy Unit for (Owner of UNIT) at LOCATION[2] facing (Angle from LOCATION[2] to LOCATION[3]) degrees
                      • Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                      • Unit - Add Chilling Touch to (Last created unit)
                      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack Once (Picked unit)
                  • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to GROUP[3]
              • Custom script: call DestroyGroup( udg_GROUP[ 5 ] )
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_LOCATION[ 1 ] )
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_LOCATION[ 2 ] )
              • Hashtable - Save Distance as 1 of (Key (Picked unit)) in IcePathHT
            • Else - Actions
              • Hashtable - Clear all child hashtables of child (Key (Picked unit)) in IcePathHT
              • Unit Group - Remove (Picked unit) from GROUP[1]
              • Unit Group - Remove all units from GROUP[3]
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • (Number of units in GROUP[1]) Equal to 0
                • Then - Actions
                  • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                • Else - Actions

its supposed to add 4 stacks of Chilling Touch( Slow Poison ) to every units it comes in contact with... using a debug trigger, i found out it creates more than 40 units to attack them... however i dont see any problem with it...
can anyone help? :)

0WN3D

Reaction score
woah dood.... Your trigger is soo hard to understand as there is soo mani unknown varialbes like all the unit groups.... Could u at least state what they are?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Instead of making 4 dummy units, you could create 1 dummy unit and make it cast the ability 4 times.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Can you (pick every unit) inside another (Pick every unit)? I thought that would bug?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Can you (pick every unit) inside another (Pick every unit)? I thought that would bug?

It doesn't bug. However, you can't refer to the enum unit in the first group action in the second group action, unless you use a variable of course.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
thanks for the replies guys,
found a solution, it seems to pick the dummy units too and create another 4.. xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.