Template CST - Coded Summoning Template

duyen

Reaction score
Basically, this lets you summon units in abilities very simply and very easily. Your probably saying to yourself ROFL, this is a riot I could just use Summon Water Elemental. That is true, for simple spells, but here are some things you couldn't do with any object editor summon spell.

-Randomness: You could give the units random ability's summon random units etc.

-Upgrades: If you have researchable upgrades to make your abilities stronger, or an ability that makes all your other abilities stronger.

-Buffs: You could make it so once the units are summoned they have Bloodlust or some other buff, cast upon them for some time.

This list can go on and on...

This is:

-MUI

-Leakless

-Easy to Import

Now for the code:
Code:
Summon Template
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Summon 
    Actions
        Set Unit_Type = Footman
        -------- The type of unit you want to summon --------
        Set Unit_Number = (Level of Summon  for (Triggering unit))
        -------- The number of units your spell summons --------
        Set Unit_Time = 15.00
        -------- How long the units last --------
        Set Summon_Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to Unit_Number, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Unit_Type for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Summon_Point facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
                -------- Add anything special here such as unit bonuses, damage bonuses ability add-ons, etc. --------
                Unit - Add a Unit_Time second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Summon_Point)

Because I used Integer A you can do anything, even making specific units different.

To wrap it all up, this is basically better then feral spirit or whatever because of it's flexibility.

Attachments

• SummoningTemplate.w3x
    55.3 KB · Views: 223

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
Why don't you make it JASS so you won't need to copy the code every time you need it. With a line like call Summon(unit, unitID, location, duration, extraabilityID) it will be much easier in my opinion.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
JASS:
library SummonTemplate

function Summon takes integer unitID,player Owner,integer HowManyUnit, location Loc, real Duration,integer ExtraAbility1, integer ExtraAbility2, integer ExtraAbility3 returns nothing
local unit u 
local integer i = 0

loop
exitwhen i>HowManyUnit
    set u = CreateUnitAtLoc(Owner,unitID,Loc,270) 

if ExtraAbility1 != 0 then
            call UnitAddAbility(u,ExtraAbility1)
        endif

if ExtraAbility2 != 0 then
            call UnitAddAbility(u,ExtraAbility2)
        endif

if ExtraAbility3 != 0 then
            call UnitAddAbility(u,ExtraAbility3)
        endif

call UnitApplyTimedLife(u,'BTLF',Duration)
    set i = i +1
endloop

endlibrary

This should be what cr4xzZz want.

It does everything the GUI script at top does, but it is hard to modify. GUI-er can easily add action in the GUI script on top but not in this Jass Script.

duyen

Reaction score
The only problem with that, is GUI-ers can't modify it easily like you can with my spell, and then they mineaswell base theres off Feral Spirit.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
I fail to see the difference between this and Dark Portal.

duyen

Reaction score
Ah, but can you still, say if you get to a certain point, modify the units summoned? Or do a quest which will upgrade it?

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Ah, but can you still, say if you get to a certain point, modify the units summoned? Or do a quest which will upgrade it?

Alrite well you have proved your point stop the useless fighting you two.

The point of this is to summon units and be able to customize them, which is what it does. Now all you need is a jass version.

If you want you can also create a simple AI for the summon like Vexorian did. But you can make it more advanced and customizable. And yes Vexorian's AI Summon AI system is simple and can be more complex.

I will download this map and rate it after my computer De-fragments.

Dark Portal is nice and all but this can be far more powerful if developed completely.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.