Custom Construction Ability

Gryffin

Reaction score
SOLVED!
The solution is very simple, structures have the ability "Build in Progress".
Go to your Unit, in this case, the Mothership, open the field Ability-Abilities+, and add the ability "Build in Progress'.

Read a detailed Tutorial here:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/sho...ctures-Buildings-Builders-and-Build-Abilities

Original Problem:
Hello, I know this has been asked a million times. I've figured out most of construction. But now, so I can learn it, I'm trying to make a custom construction ability, builder, and building from scratch. Specifically, I am trying to make an Archon build a Mothership in the style of an SCV, that is, the Archon stays and builds until the Mothership is complete. I would also love the Archon to play his attack animation as he builds.

Well, everything works well, except the Mothership is constructed instantly. In the build ability, I have the build time set to 10 seconds; it works fine for other buildings, but this custom stuff is having issues. I've tried experimenting with various Construction actors and their Events, the Mothership Actor Events, and everything else. Does anyone have any idea why my Mothership is constructing instantly? I'm fairly positive it's not my build time, but something having to do with either my Mothership or Construction Actor Events. Thanks for the help.

ZeroPoints

Reaction score
i think i found what you need. i found in (abilities - info +) within the abilities data types and find the ability that you have that summons and click it. then dbl click that abilities -info+ and then dbl click on the train No. mothership or whatever you had it as and down near bottom is info -time: set as 0 change to 5.0 or whatever seconds you want.
(my view is in list not tabs)

Gryffin

Reaction score
Thanks for the help ZeroPoints. However, this was not the issue. I was aware of the Info - Time field, and had it set to 20 seconds. The issue was that the Mothership needs to be given the ability "Build in Progress". See the original post in this thread for more info. Thanks again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.