Custom Unit Request: Banel Lord

trigger_newb

Reaction score
Hi guys, I would be really appreciate if anyone could make this custom unit for me. The biggest reason for this request is because - I don't have the skills to make it and don't have the time to learn it either. I'm a really newbie when it comes to games. I just want to have the joy of raping AI's with a flying manta like creature that pews banelings.

I want this unit to be based on a brood lord model, but instead of throwing broodlings it throws banelings at its targets. I want Banel Lord to be able to hold a maximum of 1 unit at a one time. Note that leveling up a passive skill can exceed this cap - I’ll talk about more about this below.

Name: Banel Lord

Basic Stats:
Base Hit Points: 250
Base Shield Points: 100
Base Energy Points: 40
Base Damage: 40
Base Move Speed: 2.5
Base Armor: 4
Base Attack Speed: 1.7
Base Attack Range: 10
Sight Radius: 17
Base Hp Regen: 0.3 health per second
Base Energy Regen: 0.0
Base Shield Regen: 0.3 shield per second

**Custom Attribute Stats** - Look below for more info
Starts out at Base*
Str = 25* + 3.2 Per Level
Agi= 20* + 2.5 Per Level
Int = 15* + 1.5 Per Level

Please note that, the Banel Lord does not receive bonuses from any zerg upgrades and the same thing goes for a baneling produced by a banel lord.

It would be great if you could make it a leveling up hero type unit (goes up to level 15) with 7 attributes: 4 custom 3 presets– I’m not worried about experience points so whatever you like is fine, just please make sure you make a cheat code that gives it auto level 15.
Customs:
‘Str’ – 1 point of str gives
- + 0.05 health regen per sec
- + 5 max hit points
- + 0.167 damage (1/6** so every 6 str is one damage)

‘Agi’ – 1 point of agi gives
- + 0.03 shield regen per sec
- + 3 max shield points
- + 1% attack speed
- + 0.1 armor
‘Int’ – 1 point of int gives
- + 0.08 energy regen per sec
- + 4 max energy points

‘Hero Unit’
- immune to all spells
Presets:
Armored, Biological, Massive

Skill 1 Name: Baneling Mastery
Type: Passive
Mana Cost: None
Pre-Requisites: None
Level – Able at: 1, 4, 9, 15

This skill is what I was talking about earlier – it enables Banel Lord to hold a maximum of 4 banelings total at level 4. Effects of the passive skill are at
Level 1 ~ 4
- + 3/6/9/12 base damage
- + 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0 base armor
- + 0.25/0.5/0.75/1.00 base move speed
- - 0.15/0.25/0.35/0.45 base attack speed (so increases attack speed drastically)
- + 0/1/2/3 to total maximum banelings allowed to hold (so 1 at level 1, 2 at level 2, 3 at level 3, and 4 at level 4)
  • - Baneling Stats (copy a normal baneling’s stats except for new stats stated)
    o 15/20/25/30 max health
    o 5/10/15/20 explode damage against all armors/15/20/25/30 explode damage against buildings
    o 2.0/2.5/3.0/3.5 move speed

I know its rigged so please don’t comment on that.
If you have any special effects that you wanna add to it, like glows or attachments go ahead.
It would be great if you could add this unit to any 10-person blizzard melee map or just teach me how to import it. – Understand that I’m not trying to hack maps, I just wanna play against bots and own them.
Thank you in advance, if there are any spelling errors or suggestions you would like to give please reply.

eXirrah

Reaction score
You must understand that people here don't like to create stuff for other players, but rather help
them create it by answering questions or something like that.

You're in luck thought...
I like the idea of the unit and will try to create it.
The problem is I haven't opened the editor in a while and I don't know anything about the latest
changes ... so be patient or find someone esle faster than me to do it...

eXirrah

Reaction score
I don't think that this unit should be hero with leveling and stuff. Heroes are for RPG like maps
with other heroes and stuff. I'll try and make it so Brood Lord can mutate into Banel Lord and
shoot normal banelings.
It will have upgrade that will increase the baneling production to 2 of a time and the stack to 4.

I already have a working version of the unit and it reaps through enemies as it is, so you should
be satisfied without the hero system if reaping enemies is your wish.

I got a lot of shit going on this weekend so I'm not sure when the map will be finished, but I hope
it will be tomorrow or the day after. Cheers....

eXirrah

Reaction score
Done. I published the map under the name Banel Lord Test. Probably European server only.

I've uploaded the map at 4shared.com as well

EDIT:
Of course there are some dumb ass bugs I'll probably fix tomorrow.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.