Custom Units & Models

Orgasm

Reaction score
I spent some time confused with custom units and their models, turns out you have to assign them to the custom unit in the models section in the data section. Enjoy.

Add the unit you want to the actors list of the model you want them to have.

Cookiemaster

Reaction score
Apparently, most of the data is now stored in different objects. When you duplicate an object (lets say, a unit), you will notice in the bottom left, that the list of objects it is linked with is a lot smaller. This is because those objects use the object you copied, and not the other way around.

E.G. Actors hold model and sound data, as well as an object such as a unit.

A way to give a unit a model and sounds would be copying the actor that went along with it and assigned your custom unit to it. (Which is how most units in SC2 get their model and sounds, as well as a few other things.) Though, the copied-actor can be glitchy as well due to ID's, and require you to change some fields before it actually works right.

In my case, I copied a marine unit which then got the id "marine2", I made a copy of the marine actor, which I then manually gave it the id "marine copy", though this isn't needed, as long as they're different types of objects, identical id's is allowed.

Then in the "Actor" object, I changed the "Token" to "marine2", in which turn the data editor decided to automatically fill out some other fields in the actor objects, such as changing the model from "marine" to "marine2", which doesn't even exist.

Manually assigning a few fields in Actor fixed this problem and made it work again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.