damage a unit which a Hero has casted an ability on

zomgguy

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a problem...
I can't write a trigger which does something like this:

Event: Vampire Lord (my hero) casts Vampire Bite (my ability) on a Unit
Condition: ---
Action: the unit which got bitten will receive x amount of damage.

By the way, my ability casts a temporary buff on the unit.

Vampire Bite has a casting range of 100 (melee range) without a missile.

I based my Vampire Bite ability off the Black Arrow ability.

Vampire Bite gives the buffs Dark Minion (built in buff), and Vampire Bite Buff (based off the Black Arrow buff except with different art)

Problem #2:

How do you turn my Vampire Bite into an autocastable ability? Right now it is strictly an active skill.

Thank you =)

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
well if you want to detect when a spell based off of dark arrows is procs by auto cast you would use a damage detection system, and from there check if the buff is on the triggering unit (damage detection has the unit takes damage as the trigger, so the triggering unit is the damaged unit)

then from there you would disable the trigger (to prevent loops) use a Unit (damage source) damages object action then re-enable the trigger (to allow it to run again for the next bite)

zomgguy

Reaction score
My abillity does no damage

A damage detection system wont work because:

1. My ability does no damage ='( that's why I'm trying to use a trigger to include damage. I can't find a field which determines how much damage it gives. Even the field which says "damage bonus" doesnt give bonus damage. I'm not sure what has gone wrong o.o

2. How do I setup a damage detection system? I'm new to making maps...I know the basic triggers but don't know JASS or any complex stuff. So far I've only managed to create simple abilities like Summons, attribute bonuses, basic lifesteal and hp/mp regen (I cant even find out how to do % regen like in DoTA). This is the first custom complex skill I'm making ='(

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
dosent matter, anything that shuld deal damage (IE: an attack <black arrow adds an orb effect to an attack your hero deals>) will deal damage and yes it can return 0s with no problem whatsoever.

damage detection dosent take jass, youll need 2 triggers to detect two things
anything that is at the start of the game
and anything that comes in

both of those will add an event to the 3rd trigger stateing that the unit in the 1st group or the entering unit takes damage

this will make the 3rd trigger detect any time something would damage it, includeing 0 damage. meaning your dark arrows would proc (well theres the hero damage in that even if the bounus feild is 0)

Detecting the buff as a booline condition is the ability detection here, so that is taken care of
and the rest is your actions which i have already explained

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.