Dark Map... Can u help me plx?

werasd

Reaction score
I am making an rpg, but i need to do the same of another RPG, like it´s all black... the map and the minimap... and u need to explore the map to make it visible... but if u dont explore the map will stay black... like a dark cloud, blocking ur vision where u didnt go...

Aaronx

Reaction score
Go to Scenario, then Map Options, and then UN-check "Masked area's are partially visible"

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Code:
Init
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Visibility - Disable fog of war

ZeldaFan

Reaction score
Help.. I use checked "Masked area's are partially visible"
And disable fog of war..

The minimap isnt pitch black but the fog of war is darker than the default one (which is ok, its what i want). The map is covered in a fog of war (altho its disabled :confused: )

But then again, thats what i wanted.

However.. I want the minimap to mask the areas that are not in the hero's sight.. Just like in Defiance that is to say

Can someone clear that up ? Also how to use the "Use terrain fog option" ? Using exponential seems to make the same result no matter what intensity

ZeldaFan

Reaction score
Thank you, I kinda found the solution on another thread, i sadly have to use a custom minimap and all goes perfect :shades:

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
You don't have to use a custom minimap, you just have to uncheck the "masked areas are partially visible" box, as Aaronx said.

No other triggers are needed.

Here's a hint...

Fog of War is the fog that makes it so that even when you've "explored" areas, if you don't have units there, it will make it so that you can't see enemy units and new constructions. (You can still see old buildings though).

Black Mask is the part that makes it so you can't even see the buildings until you've explored. Once explored, Black Mask is permanently removed, unless you add it through triggers. Also, it can be completely invisible (Where you can't even see the terrain) if you have the "masked areas are partially visible" checkbox unchecked.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.