Daybreakers

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
No one has started a thread for this movie yet?

Well I will, it was absolutely amazing! A little bloody at some scenes... but the way vampire should be. :)

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
lol I wanted to see it, then my friends saw it and told me about it and I was glad I didn't.

"Most predictable piece of shit I've ever seen in the theaters" he ses.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol I wanted to see it, too.
It looked pretty good, especially amongst other vampire movies these days (cept for Vampire's Assistant, cuz that's good also). Ethan Hawke ftw.

@sqrage, a lot of people said it wasn't predictable and the story was like amazingly interesting... till the end where the screenwriter just lost it, hah.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
What was so "predictable" about it? o_O

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
... I'm pretty sure he was in one of the trailers that was on TV, sooo... I don't find that predictable when they TELL you he's in it.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
SPOILERS (like it matters)

I saw it and was utterly disappointed by it. The beginning was so awesome, I loved the world that was created and the characters inhabiting it. By the time he joins the humans, it pretty much sucks. I was hoping for some sort of sweet scene in the subway filled with the crazy vampire monsters. Instead, they just pull them out into the sun for a "dramatic" scene (not very dramatic).

The end was hilarious. First the boss bites Ethan Hawke, then the guards bite the boss, then the other guards bite the other guards, then those guards bite his brother, then those guards are bitten by other guards, and then those guards get shot.

Willem Dafoe's character was enjoyable, but felt 100% out of place. It did not belong in a vampire movie, and I didn't like watching him at all. Honestly, none of the characters were interesting other than the boss.

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
I'm suprised with almost everyone here....Everyone I have spoken to who saw it loved it but agree a little predictable at points, but had some really great scenes :D

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Saw it finally.
Bloody, lots of blood, ftw :)

The Evolved Panda Commandant rates Daybreakers: [8/10]
Nice movie, nice to see those crazy vampires again. Ethan Hawke and Willem Dafoe did good jobs I think. Not the best, but still decent. The idea itself is also cool. Effects weren't bad either.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
I loved it. It was awesome. The actors were amazing, the special effects were amazing, and the story was amazing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.