Tutorial Death Matches

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I'm sure everyone here has played an FPS or any other type of shooter. In multiplayer modes there are just about always Death Match game modes, where you need X kills to win. Here's how to make a basic yet effective death match play mode in warcraft3:
Just above that is Text - General - Lumber is Harvested from Trees. Change that to something like 'Count of Team X Kills' or something like that.
Kills gained
    Events
        Unit - A unit owned by Player 2 (Blue) Dies
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player - Add 1 to Player 1 (Red) Current lumber

Step3: Go to Triggers. Now, you're going to need a trigger that allows you to win, as well as announcements. Let's set up a reminder that Team 1 has amassed some kills.
        Player - Player 1 (Red)'s Current lumber becomes Equal to 20.00
    Conditions
    Actions
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: Team 1 Has amassed 20 kills!

Victory Team1
JASS:
Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red)'s Current lumber becomes Equal to 50.00
    Conditions
    Actions
        Game - Victory Player 1 (Red) (Show dialogs, Show scores)

With these few basic triggers you have the base of a tried-and-true game mechanic that's always been a multiplayer favorite.

Zedzy

ℑΣÐℑΨ
Reaction score
Okay tutorial. Very short but to the point. Though this tutorial is meant to be simple, I think it lacks some necessary elements that are found in most deathmatch games. For example, there is no multiboard. You have also made it so that there are only 2 players, and you have also over looked the fact that there might be summoned units that are killed, and which in this case would be easy kills for the other player. You have also only made victory, kill and message triggers, but there are so many other needed triggers to make a deathmatch, like a revive trigger, hero choosing trigger, multiboard, and maybe a defeat trigger? Finally, you could make other ways to make similar deathmatch triggers for people who are already using lumber.

Like Squishy said, use JASS for JASS, and code for GUI.

Good luck finishing your tutorial :thup:.

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
Sorry, but this is not a good tutorial, very short and it looks more like a snippet or a system to me.

Tips:

1: Explain in deeper thought, which makes it longer...
2: Base a tutorial on a variety of things, not just 1 thing in specific.
3: Use pictures.
4: Add map attachment
5: Keep it clear, and well worded.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.