US News Death row inmate: I'm too fat to execute

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
your monkeysphere is broken.

Now, all this thing of killing him or not killing him as lead me to some deep thinking. I don't quite understand this human ideology of the 'balance' of 'good' and 'bad'. Just there I started with 3 variables. Why variables? They can't be specifically defined and can vary greatly from person to person. What's the ideology?
If someone does good, they 'deserve' something equally good or greater. If someone does something bad, they 'deserve' something equally bad.
Now, some say "oh well, everyone does bad stuff once in a while, just let it go" but we don't all think that way until that 'bad' happens to us, or we experience it completely.

Just my thoughts.

EDIT: Found your monkeysphere. Currently reading it.

EDIT 2: Finally read, and wow... really true.
Guess this guy and billions others are outside my monkeysphere. Just as our daughters/sisters could have been the ones that were raped and murdered, it could have been our son/brother, or even ourselves, that were in death row.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
thanks esb.

Anyways....

I don't know about you guys but he exists outside my monkeysphere.
I only think of him as "the object that rapes and murders young women" and not as a person.

And what do we do with all bad things in our lives?

We get rid of them. Period.

Zakyath

Reaction score
>And what do we do with all bad things in our lives?

We get rid of them. Period.

Does that mean that I should go kill my ex?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I'd like to ask everyone in this thread that hates the death penalty this:
Why in the WORLD should we have to pay taxes to feed people who have raped little girls, killed people, and done horrible crimes? Why should we have to buy them TVs, Computers, and all kinds of stuff for their jails because just sitting there all day is too "inhuman" with the money WE worked for? We shouldn't.

Animals do it, why shouldn't we? Thats right, because we have this lame emotion called "compassion". I don't like seeing people die, but when it's some asshole who raped a little girl, I don't feel he should get a second chance. :thdown:

Demi666

Reaction score
>I don't like seeing people die, but when it's some asshole who raped a little girl

I don't think anyone does :p
And if you read between the lines there you will find a perverted sentence:rolleyes:

Reaction score
I'd like to ask everyone in this thread that hates the death penalty this:
Why in the WORLD should we have to pay taxes to feed people who have raped little girls, killed people, and done horrible crimes?

It's not about being for feeding criminals, it is about being against killing them. The basis for this is the concept of inalienable human rights.

Why should we have to buy them TVs, Computers, and all kinds of stuff for their jails because just sitting there all day is too "inhuman" with the money WE worked for? We shouldn't.

The alternative to buying criminals TVs isn't executing them, it is simply not buying them TVs. This has very little to do with the death penalty.

Animals do it, why shouldn't we?

A quick visit to the zoo might be enough to convince you that this doesn't really hold any water.

Thats right, because we have this lame emotion called "compassion". I don't like seeing people die, but when it's some asshole who raped a little girl, I don't feel he should get a second chance. :thdown:

It is an ideal to strive for that neither you, I, nor anyone else should be able to decide who gets a "second chance" and who does not.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Why in the WORLD should we have to pay taxes to feed people who have raped little girls, killed people, and done horrible crimes? Why should we have to buy them TVs, Computers, and all kinds of stuff for their jails because just sitting there all day is too "inhuman" with the money WE worked for? We shouldn't.

Because that is better option than using Death Penalty ofc.

Animals do it, why shouldn't we? Thats right, because we have this lame emotion called "compassion". I don't like seeing people die, but when it's some asshole who raped a little girl, I don't feel he should get a second chance.

Animals do it, is no reason for us to do it. Thats pretty Nazi stuff you are talking. If you are familiar with David Humes production you should know that: No ought from is .. or what ever it was.

Anyways, If something is like that , it does not mean that it should be like that.

If we use your logic, that would mean that if someone rapes people, we should rape people too. That sounds pretty stupid, dont you think?

Never again use that Animals do it, so we should do it too -argument, you just make yourself sound stupid :D

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
I think the main reason for killing someone after they do something like him.

Is to scare others from doing it, becasue they know they will be sentenceted to death.

The only other real reason i see, is the cost of keeping them alive.

Other wise i dont relly mind if they stay locked up and we dont kill them.

But i feel there is enough reason to kill someone like him.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
sort of off-topic but this reminds me when that girl was getting raped and was gonna be murdered when she stabbed and killed the harrasser and was sentenced to death penalty and she was like 20. now that sucks. this guy to me does not suck. imo he deserves it.

EDIT: oh btw that monkeysphere shit i havnt read it yet but i just started, and the first quote is already a false. that quote was by joseph stalin not federline. oh well no1 likes federline newaiz

EDIT2: wow that monkeysphere is some fucked up shit, just like zeitgeist, its all fucked up shit that makes me think about life, and i hate doing that -.-"

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I for one don't want to pay for these kind of people to live in prison for the rest of their lives. I don't truthfully see how you can say that they can kill 10 people, but to kill them for it is inhuman.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Killing is very deep in human nature, so is it really inhuman?

So you are saying we should kill those who kill? Then someone should kill us too. Maybe we should rape anyone who rapes? Maybe we should just buy icecream to whoever buys icecream to us?

And you people are talking about money and paying. Money is what matters aye? For those who value Human life over the money should understand that killing a person is something to avoid, no matter how many lifes that person has taken.

Notice this one too:
In Canada, the murders has reduced by 44% since death penalty was removed.

I know that it is in human nature to want retribution, but that is not enought to accept deathpenalty.

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
The answer to this debate lies within the monkeysphere.... well maybe.

esb

Reaction score
It's not about money being worth more than lives. It means that OUR money goes to the jails that SUPPORTS and lets the 'bad guys' that are just living to be living LIVE, while we have no schools, no jobs, not enough hospitals, etc.

esb

Reaction score
Not sure how thinking twice would help, but sure =D

And how costly is it to simply get an injection and dispose (cremated or something) of the body?

And in jails, you have to pay for the food, clothes, jails, staff, guns, etc., and soon, it seems moe jails will be needed.
And I don't see anything specific on how death penalty costs more.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Not sure how thinking twice would help, but sure =D

And how costly is it to simply get an injection and dispose (cremated or something) of the body?

And in jails, you have to pay for the food, clothes, jails, staff, guns, etc., and soon, it seems moe jails will be needed.
And I don't see anything specific on how death penalty costs more.

I think its the trials and the like for the death pentaly can cost upwards of 400,000 more.

esb

Reaction score
I don't get it how removing death row would help with trials and court costs. Either way, they're going to be in jail for the rest of their lives. And it might be worse, cause if they remove the death row to cut costs for trials and investigations, then more innocent people would end on life sentences.

BANANAMAN

Reaction score
Why do we have to have all that fancy smachy stuff for the death penalty.
Can we just chop off his head. Bury it and forget about it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.