Desertion" why is that a criminal offence?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I just looked up the numbers, chances of dying while serving in the U.S. military (across all branches) is 0.14%, compared to 0.8% (chance of dying per year from living in the U.S.) - and it is safer to be young, the death rate is only 0.5% if you are between 15-24 in the U.S., but still much higher than what it is in the military - also, the number of people in the U.S. actually killed by terrorism is next to nothing.. sept. 11 included

9/11 was maybe one percent of the total deaths that year in the US. I think something like 1.2 percent, I can look it up if someone wants me to.

And more people, on average, are murdered in Detroit than are KIA in Afghanistan or Iraq each year. Which I find interesting because you don't run across many protesters with signs saying "Fix Detroit." Although in my views we should focus on finding peace here on OUR streets before we spend decades trying to fix the Middle East or Africa.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
^ I kinda agree , that should be our first priority.. Well, there will never be peace in the Middle East. they will continue to kill each other off. Seriously, It doesn't seem to matter, if we help them or not.

Varine

Reaction score
He's just been impressionable recently.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
When it comes to deaths back home, I think that the overall opinion is that crime will always exist. How do you really plan on stopping crime? We're not in the Middle East to stop local crime... We're attempting to stop corrupt, evil means of living there... People praying on others through positions of political power.

Unfortunately, that's all politics will ever look at: The politics of other countries. I can tell you that if I ever ran for president, I'd never make it because I wouldn't give a damn about other countries until we concentrated on some things at home. Not only that, but I'd actually want to cut the salaries of politicians, not to mention their pensions. Don't get me wrong, I believe serving your country as a politician and trying to steer the laws into a brighter future is admirable and worth some money for a pension... But no one needs $200k a year for the rest of their life. I could see maybe $100k, but I would aim to cut them lower still, just to see how much I could get. That's money that won't go into retired pockets, but will stay back in our economy.

Then... Taxes. Lesser taxes for the Middle and Low classes, higher taxes for the Upper class. If you're making that much money, you can afford to give it back to the economy that needs it. Meanwhile, the people struggling with smaller paychecks need to start keeping some of that money at home. Then, the middle class becomes more and more filled with consumers willing to spend money and again, economy boost.

Speaking of Taxes... People who don't pay taxes need to either be punished, taken OUT of our country or just made to start paying taxes. I'm not just talking "illegal immigrants" because I have nothing against people coming into our country. I do have an issue with anyone, even native-born people, living here and not giving back. Again... Economy boost.

But I digress.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That is called Left-wing in politics! :p

You're pretty much describing Canada right now Seth.

FireCat

Reaction score
Speaking of Taxes... People who don't pay taxes need to either be punished, taken OUT of our country or just made to start paying taxes.
Isn't that too harsh? Would you say that , even for the rich people, politicians. They try to avoid taxes too. Hmm what about ex forces living on the streets etc... Well, they can't pay taxes. Should they be taken out from" their own country" because of that? Or be punished?

Varine

Reaction score
OR the government could for once do something to DESERVE to have me pay taxes from the money I WORKED to earn and they DID NOTHING, then I wouldn't have an issue with it. Until then, I do with 'giving back'.

DM Cross

Reaction score
That is called Left-wing in politics! :p

You're pretty much describing Canada right now Seth.

Is Canada in better economic shape than we are?

If so, I'm fine with this.

Isn't that too harsh? Would you say that , even for the rich people, politicians. They try to avoid taxes too. Hmm what about ex forces living on the streets etc... Well, they can't pay taxes. Should they be taken out from" their own country" because of that? Or be punished?

Rich people and politicians not paying their taxes? Yes, of course they deserve punishment as well. Why are they exempt? What makes them special?

People living on the street is what we're trying to AVOID. People without an income are not the target of taxes. They belong on government help which is too expensive with the way the country's debt is racking up.

You basically took my message out of context to try to make me look black-hearted. You're not a politician are you? Because that's called mud-slinging, if I recall correctly.

OR the government could for once do something to DESERVE to have me pay taxes from the money I WORKED to earn and they DID NOTHING, then I wouldn't have an issue with it. Until then, I do with 'giving back'.

If everything I stated worked out well, the government would have changed the rules to pile more money into the system, resulting in smaller prices and then reduced taxes for probably what your level is, mid or low class. Thus, you'd retain more of your money while people WITH more (most likely the people who "did nothing" except own companies that make money) pay a bigger share than you do to give you those lower prices.

If that's not enough for you, I think it would be safe to write you off as merely a stubborn child attempting to cling to a cause whether or not it has merit. If a government reducing it's debt, making the common people have a better financial standing isn't good enough for you, nothing ever will be because you just need something to bitch about.

Thus, you're not worth listening to in the first place :)

My thoughts.

Varine

Reaction score
They shouldn't be in this amount of debt in the first place. If you would like I sit here and explain thoroughly my views on why the system is heavily corrupted and failing to the extent that it is most likely already beyond repair, however it takes a few hours, requires a decent amount of research and referencing on my part of obscure historical details of the past hundred fifty years or so, and the topic is so exceedingly boring that I would most likely decide to discontinue the effort midway through as even if I had the time to devote to trivial tasks as that, as it will most likely not resolve anything (and I have very little motivation for things like that anymore), considering I already came to the conclusion that most people aren't worth very much time either. To the extent I only read a small portion of what you wrote because most of it I don't care. Write me off as you will, the notion still stands that there is an apparently inherent failure to effectively accomplish anything in an acceptable manner when the government is allowed intervention or involvement. It is irrelevant how much money I make and how much I pay in taxes; most branches of the government are failing at an increasingly fast rate (at what is, in most circumstances, a fairly easy job to succeed at, which makes it even more impressive how badly they can do, I think), and I fail to see why I'm continuing to pay for them to do so.

FireCat

Reaction score
People living on the street is what we're trying to AVOID. People without an income are not the target of taxes. They belong on government help which is too expensive with the way the country's debt is racking up.
It's not always homeless fault they are homeless. If someone have job. but suddenly the corporation or whatever goes bankrupt and loses there job it isn't there fault. Is it? Well, you said (People who don't pay taxes need to either be punished, taken OUT of our country)Do they need more punishment? And be taken out of the country?. it would be another matter, If you said murders or freaky pedophile etc.. Well, anyway, why not give everyone a job? So they can pay taxes!

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not always homeless fault they are homeless. If someone have job. but suddenly the corporation or whatever goes bankrupt and loses there job it isn't there fault. Is it? Well, you said (People who don't pay taxes need to either be punished, taken OUT of our country)Do they need more punishment? And be taken out of the country?. it would be another matter, If you said murders or freaky pedophile etc.. Well, anyway, why not give everyone a job? So they can pay taxes!
Why dont they just print more money? If they print more money they could give it to the poor and we would finally all be equal, hurray!
print, print, print alot of dollars!

FireCat

Reaction score
Why dont they just print more money? If they print more money they could give it to the poor and we would finally all be equal, hurray!
print, print, print alot of dollars!
Hehe Sure. But there's a catch "dollar" would become "worthless" in the end
Pity isn't it?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Hehe Sure. But there's a catch "dollar" would become "worthless" in the end
Pity isn't it?
Back when i was in school a girl in my class actually really said this to my social science teacher, problem was, she was being serious when she said that.

DM Cross

Reaction score

You're either a) not understanding b) intentionally misinterpreting my meaning or c) oblivious to standard logic.

I'm saying NOT to punish those that don't pay taxes for circumstances outside their control. These people need to be HELPED.

Only people who HAVE the money to pay taxes and DON'T should be punished.

I don't think I can make that more clear.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.