detecting loc

ironfist19

Reaction score
hello, i have read the "chapter 2 - Dynamic Effects (Gui)" of daelin... i copied his triggers and i came up with this :
Trigger:
  • Magnetic Rotation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Magnetic Rotation
    • Actions
      • Set MRCaster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set CasterLoc = (Position of MRCaster)
      • Set RotatedUnit = (Units within 400.00 of CasterLoc matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of MRCaster)) Equal to True))
      • Trigger - Turn on Rotation Units <gen>
      • Wait 10.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Rotation Units <gen>

Trigger:
  • Rotation Units
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.06 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in RotatedUnit and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (CasterLoc offset by (Distance between CasterLoc and (Position of (Picked unit))) towards ((Angle from CasterLoc to (Position of (Picked unit))) + 6.00) degrees)

Once i cast the spell "magnetic rotation" the units in 400 range will rotate to me... but..
i want the units to really revolve around me.. because once i move they stay there rotating in my last position... any help? I want them to revolve around me like detecting my current position

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Continually set the CasterLoc in your periodic trigger. That should give the effect you want.

ironfist19

Reaction score
ahh.. ty. +rep and how about creating a lightning effect 'drain life' from me to the picked unit.. once i do this in loop it creates many lightning effect...

Continually set the CasterLoc in your periodic trigger. That should give the effect you want.

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You would need to select all units in range in your first trigger and add the lightning effect. (This will only occur once). Then you turn on your second trigger, sleep for 10, and turn it off. Then destroy the lightning effects!

Don't forget to nullify your special effects variables.

ironfist19

Reaction score
I didn't get it... can you put it into a wc3 code or something?? or maybe a sample map :D

You would need to select all units in range in your first trigger and add the lightning effect. (This will only occur once). Then you turn on your second trigger, sleep for 10, and turn it off. Then destroy the lightning effects!

Don't forget to nullify your special effects variables.

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Magnetic Rotation
    • Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Magnetic Rotation
    • Actions
    • Set MRCaster = (Triggering unit)
    • Set CasterLoc = (Position of MRCaster)
    • Set RotatedUnit = (Units within 400.00 of CasterLoc matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of MRCaster)) Equal to True))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in RotatedUnit and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • --Add Special Effect Here -- (SpecEffectArray[index] = ...) and Set index = index + 1
    • Trigger - Turn on Rotation Units <gen>
    • Wait 10.00 seconds
    • Trigger - Turn off Rotation Units <gen>
    • --Then loop through all speceffect and set to null.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.