Detection of summoned units

nLike

Reaction score
I have a hero that has a pet (based upon Misha rexxar skill). Now I want to have a skill that will check the distance between the pet and the hero (much like dota's sylla bear and his bear). So if the heroes are in range they will have certain buffs. Now the trigger is not a problem I guess. Periodic check between distances and if in range add stuff i want.

The thing i have problem with is how do I detect the bear? In the real comparasion I can't select unit type and I'm not sure how can I put the pet into a variable. I might be missing some obvious but I got stuck :|

halp.

EDIT: not sure if it works that once I use the skill for summon I set a variable pet = last created unit? Will it work?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You can use the event A unit Spawns a summoned unit, then save the summoned unit (bear) into a variable to be used later.

What special effects do you want the bear to have if it's within range? You could use auras to simulate certain effects, instead of periodic checks.

nLike

Reaction score
I actually changed how I want it to work. I'll have an aura as basic ability. Then I will do periodic check for aura buff. It's much more simpler I think. The only thing I wanted is since the hero has multiple pet choice to have different auras (was thinking just some glows or something). I haven't even started thinking about effects in my map :(. I lie, I did some but far from being over.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
periodic checks isnt the best route, how dota did it was detect the distance when the bear attacks and if its too far move it, that way the bear can be used to purchase items

nLike

Reaction score
but i'll have bonuses like hp regen . ill have to do periodic check. its the only way I think.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
There are auras for HP regen too - there's the Fountain of Life's Life Regeneration Aura. Auras for attack speed, damage, movement speed, mana regeneration and lifesteal exist too.

nLike

Reaction score
I know that but it still won't do (I think)

F/ex.

Hunter with wolf will have +attack and + attack speed on both hunter and wolf
Hunter with bear will have + hp and +hp regen on both hunter and bear

No chance I can do all that with auras. I'll need to add abilities.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.