Dialog Grid

Pahl

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the "create dialog in grid" works compared to not using grids? I've been looking all over for any information but no one seems to even use it.

What im hoping for is that it would allow me to specify size relative to resolution, but i got a crappy monitor and cant really try it out much.

I should mention that the function dependency is "Liberty story (campaign)"

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
Never seen that function o.o
Yet I doubt it'll work, as you can actually see more grids with a widescreen.

Well, it's impossible to detect resolution - besides calibrating the screen. There is a system around there to calibrate the resolution, in this section, try and find it.

Personally, I just place a square dialog in the center of my screen, which is enough information for me. Alternatively you could add 4 or 8 buttons to your dialog allowing people to resize/move the dialog, yet this will most-likely stretch the images etc. making it look bad.

Pahl

Reaction score
Too bad :/

Yea, i found the calibrating system but id rather not use it. I was hoping to make a dialog that went from the left bottom to the right bottom of the screen (covering the normal UI). But i guess ill just make something that at least fits on most resolutions.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Fitting on "most" doesn't cut it. You should fit on ALL resolutions.

And it shouldn't be too hard. You just use [ljass]libSCRS_getResY(PLAYER_NUM)[/ljass] as the Y value and whatever height the default UI is. It should be the same on all resolutions.

And why would you rather not use my system? Is it because it's in Galaxy?

Pahl

Reaction score
I just thought it was to much to import a whole system just to make that dialog cover the whole lower part of the screen. It might be that i wont even come close to needing to use that much space. And since i run SC at such a low resolution it will probly still fit.

But your right, i should check that out. Though im gonna do it a bit later when im sure of what i need.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.