Difficulty with spell immunity.

ThranDeuL

Reaction score
You actually created it at map init and then tried an ability on it?

Just to be sure, show me the trigger.

Well, seems like there's really nothing working. The whole magic immunity is likely corrupted. : /

How many different abilities can the builders and workers get casted at?

I used multiple abilites

Entangle roots as a base
Shadow Strike as a base
Chain lightning as a base
Forked lightning as a base

They all do damage and they all can be targeted at that unit.

ThranDeuL

Reaction score
I just read another thread about a corrupted map.

They could not find the awnser either.
So i have a couple of options.
-Recreate the map so that the files are not corrupted
-Create a trigger wich makes it unable to cast certain abilities on specific unit types.
-Live with it

ill see if i have some time some day to fix the issue, for now ill just keep it this way.

EDIT: Owh and by the way, i have only used the ordinairy WE, do corrupted files also occur when using another Editor, or is that just a bug in the regular WE?
Because if so i might consider getting started on using those.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
I have a few ideas to try, although I don't know if they'll work since I've never had this problem myself (try them on a copy of your map so you have a backup):

In the ability editor, chose Export Abilities from the menus, then use Import Abilities to import that file again.

In Gameplay Constants, remember any custom settings you used and then turn off Use Custom Values. Save the map, quit, then reopen the editor and your map, and reset those values.

Post the map and see if anyone here can get it to work?

ThranDeuL

Reaction score
I have a few ideas to try, although I don't know if they'll work since I've never had this problem myself (try them on a copy of your map so you have a backup):

In the ability editor, chose Export Abilities from the menus, then use Import Abilities to import that file again.

In Gameplay Constants, remember any custom settings you used and then turn off Use Custom Values. Save the map, quit, then reopen the editor and your map, and reset those values.

Post the map and see if anyone here can get it to work?

The first idea ive done already, but the second one is quite smart.
Ill see if it works give me a second.

EDIT: Reseting the gameplay constants had no effect.
I could post the map on this site, but its a shitload of triggers - some really crappy triggers (1 year old, aint fixin what aint broken).
Without knowing what triggers you will have to disable you cant even play the game on your own.
But if someone is willing to go through all that i will gladly post it.

Weep

Reaction score
I'm curious to give it a try, anyway. Could you put it on a file sharing site and either post or PM the link to me?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try installing NewGen World Editor

Save and then re-establish.

It seems to me like the problem isn't the abilities but the whole "Unit is magic immune" process in your map.

ThranDeuL

Reaction score
Sorry, i live in europe and i was gone all day, i am back now, There seems to be a problem.

My map is 7.19 MB... The limit is 1.91 MB...

EDIT: Didnt read your post, i will upload it to Epicwar.com

http://epicwar.com/maps/150958/

Owh and by the way, ignore the errors in the start that say 2 files are missing.
I solved an issue with a gate by making it appear invisibile by giving it wrong file names.

ThranDeuL

Reaction score
Newgen doesnt help either.

Although i must note that units dont get instant damage if they are magic immune. They only get damage over time damage.
Thats been there all along.

Weep

Reaction score
I gave your map a quick try, after removing all triggers (since, as you mentioned, it does not seem to function with a single player.) The unit sharing your forum username is the one you mean to be spell immune, right? It appears to be properly spell immune, unable to be targeted by spells such as the Far Seer's Chain Lightning.

That said...

Many of the hero abilities in your map have their Stats - Required Level value set higher than 1. This causes WC3 to treat the ability as an "ultimate", which is handled differently. Remember the Gameplay Constant Gameplay - Magic Immunes Resist Ultimates (false) you reported on here? That value controls whether "ultimates" bypass spell immunity. For example, the Voodoo Doctor's Hex will not work on the ThranDeuL if that constant is changed to true.

If you recently balanced all your heroes' abilities, giving them a required level higher than 1, that could explain an apparent sudden failure of spell immunity. It wouldn't, however, explain your claim that "ALL spells" hit spell immune units - but then, I found that not to be true anyway.

ThranDeuL

Reaction score
I gave your map a quick try, after removing all triggers (since, as you mentioned, it does not seem to function with a single player.) The unit sharing your forum username is the one you mean to be spell immune, right? It appears to be properly spell immune, unable to be targeted by spells such as the Far Seer's Chain Lightning.

That said...

Many of the hero abilities in your map have their Stats - Required Level value set higher than 1. This causes WC3 to treat the ability as an "ultimate", which is handled differently. Remember the Gameplay Constant Gameplay - Magic Immunes Resist Ultimates (false) you reported on here? That value controls whether "ultimates" bypass spell immunity. For example, the Voodoo Doctor's Hex will not work on the ThranDeuL if that constant is changed to true.

If you recently balanced all your heroes' abilities, giving them a required level higher than 1, that could explain an apparent sudden failure of spell immunity. It wouldn't, however, explain your claim that "ALL spells" hit spell immune units - but then, I found that not to be true anyway.

Even if ThranDeuL isnt the unit that was supposed to be spell immune, i understand what you mean, thank you.

I did not know that abilities get threated as ultimate once the required level is above 1!

Problem was way easier solved as expected, thanks once again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.