RPG Distorted Judgement ORPG

Seannny

Why GUI when you can Jass?
Reaction score
Name added!

Distorted Judgement ORPG

More up to date thread here:
http://g4p.org/Forum/index.php?topic=1489.0

In a Land where darkness is just kept at bay, Where the forces of good are struggling to keep order, and where dark cults and underground clans form together, scheming to take control. a Hero is born. This hero is you.

What is it?

Id really like to call it an ORPG but those dont have as detailed of a plot as this... ;) I guess you could call it a mixture of the two. The game is linear enough to where the direction you should be headed is clear, yet Open enough to where if you play it 10 times, and beat it 10 times, You can play it 10 different ways, each resulting in a... well a different piece of the puzzle.

The Plot

I wont dare give it away, but i will say that each faction in the game has some knowledge to give you. This doesn't mean you will get each piece one play through though... Playing the game all the way through once should be fun, it will give you enough information to WANT to play more, However not enough to be satisfied enough to stop entirely. Though currently we dont have plans to Add any benifit to play the game after most quests, including the main quest is complete with one character, this could change in the future.
Currently it works like this. You play the game through, say this time through you fight for the side of good. Whichever side this is. You play through their campaign, which will definitely include quests as well as options to fall out of their side and switch to another (Though it will be tedious!), if played through fully youll have their full perspective on whats happened/happening. But thats only enough information to know one side.
You play another character (Or the same if you wish to do the intense task of 'rep' grinding you could say) to another side, and get their piece.

You will be able to play every side with the same character all the way through, or partially. However its encouraged to create another character for this.

Just think of it as a puzzle, where your simply gathering the missing pieces.

Choose from 6 Difference races.
Man
Dwarf
Elf
DarkSkinned
Tiefling
Half-Orc (New!)

More than 5 classes, ranging from the fierce Barbarian, or Warlord. To the Unforgivable and powerful rogue and Wizard.

Class list currently include:

Warlord - Basic Hack and slash tank DPS hybrid.
Fire Wizard - Spell based DPS
Cleric - Spell based healer
Knight(Name Up for debate) - Pure Tank
Warlock - Spell and Summon hybrid DPS.

Features include
Countless Items
Smart Casting System
Fully Scripted dungeons/Dungeon Bosses
Dozens of Optional Quests
Main Quest lasting from levels 1-100
Custom Experience System
more than 10 fully triggered spells for each class
Complete Racial ability/feats system
Gigantic 480x480 map
Custom reputation system (Including Swaying alignment between factions... yes This does mean Good and Bad towns + Town assaults and quests!)
Save Load all your abilities, level, and reputation.

The Team
The Team consists of
Me- Or TheRipper12 on US East, The primary Triggerer, Terrainer, and overall project leader.
Allord, AkA Twitch. designing every custom skin/Icon/Tileset you will see in the game as well as Quest/Ability/Plot designer.
Xianith, Aka Assassin. Modeling a majority of the models in the game, as well as Trigger Assisting and debugging.
And Of course the help of my good friend Trevor, AkA YY_Chromosomes for the occasional help, and everyone else who's materials ive used in the map :thup:

Screenshots

screen5et9.jpg

Bandits holding a heavy defense on their outpost
screen1nt0.jpg

Small cave leading into an abandoned Mine, Now occupied by a Wanted outlaw and his gang.
screen2yz5.jpg

Small river behind a primitive village, fed by a waterfall from the mountain above.
screen3bi6.jpg

Village people gathering at sunset to discuss the plans for tomorrow.
jpg4ci0.jpg

The Bandit Gred and his gang waiting for a challenge...
More Screenshots to be added as the map progresses

Class Selection and race selection!

CLASS:
wc3scrnshot021709153638za0.jpg

wc3scrnshot021709153658sk5.jpg

All doodads are temporary
Progress:

Systems |||||||||| 80%
Custom Abilities |||||||||| 10%
Custom Units |||||||||| 10%
Custom Resources |||||||||| 50%
Quests |||||||||| 10%
Terrain ||||||||||20%
races |||||||||| 40%
Classes |||||||||| 40%
Idea Discussion |||||||||| 80%
Discussion of Plot |||||||||| 80%
Overall |||||||||| 42%

I will Update as i update the map! Any ideas for Abilities for any class, any Quests you may want to see in the map, or even Faction/Enemy Ideas. Currently we have the main plot almost figured out, but this is only a 5 player game... that leaves 7 players open for other factions, Not including Factions that are allied!
PM me any ideas! or simply post here, However PM is prefered

You can Reach me at [email protected].

Updates:
Added list of classes! Plot descriptions! and a NAME!
feedback goes here! :thup:
|
|
|
V

Seannny

Reaction score
Looks interesting, can it be played Single-Player?

The game is Technically meant for 2+ people. Recommended for 3+. However if you want a really tough game it can be played single player =P. However, most dungeons (or at least the current ones) cant be completed alone at the minimum required level for the dungeon.
In Short.
Its a team game

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Yes, but I can never find RPG games, even if I do, no one p;lays them, they only want DotA....

And, if I hosted, it would take forever to download?

But, I'm only interested in fancy eyecandy and terraining =]

Please don't make something like.

Events:
- Map Init
Actions:
- If Players matching equal to user is only 1 (You understand?)
- Defeat Player (Get some friends).

=]

Gigantic 480x480 map

T_T.... will it be like The Black Road T_T...

I hope it doesn't lag on my old computer :)

Good luck.

Seannny

Reaction score
Yes, but I can never find RPG games, even if I do, no one p;lays them, they only want DotA....

And, if I hosted, it would take forever to download?

But, I'm only interested in fancy eyecandy and terraining =]

Please don't make something like.

Events:
- Map Init
Actions:
- If Players matching equal to user is only 1 (You understand?)
- Defeat Player (Get some friends).

=]

Gigantic 480x480 map

T_T.... will it be like The Black Road T_T...

I hope it doesn't lag on my old computer :)

Good luck.

Map size is something i am constantly watching. Every trigger, ability, Skin, Model and any other resource is compressed as far as possible while still holding quality. Hopefully this, as well as map compression should keep the map download size less than a few minutes at most. currently the download on cable connection takes about 20 seconds.
My team and i can handle leaks =) and one of them has one of the worst computers ever :p and he doesnt lag.

The map is 480/480

It will be like black road in the way that it is an RPG... But it will be better becuase it will be much more plot based, yet still open ended. I found the black road to focus to much on a single gameplay aspect.

There will be a system implemented that adjusts the difficulty of the map. For example, if you play solo, the monsters will be handicapped and you will receive a slight bonus to experience. Two players is the same, only lessened a bit. 3 to 4 players will be normal, and 5 players will have an increased difficulty with no modified exp.

I hope i could answer your questions =)

Updates!

Zwiebelchen

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Terrain looks decent ... a little to much shrubs ... The mountains look a little bit ... strange. Why do trees grow on rock tiles? o_O

How did you make a 480x480 map? Thought the biggest was 256x256?

Anyways good luck :)

Seannny

Reaction score
Terrain looks decent ... a little to much shrubs ... The mountains look a little bit ... strange. Why do trees grow on rock tiles? o_O

How did you make a 480x480 map? Thought the biggest was 256x256?

Anyways good luck :)

Mmh good call on the rocks. Thats not the most up to date terrain though =P. ill have to update the post again.

480x480 is possible with the newgen world editor.:thup:

radromity

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
gl on your orpg i would help but im makeing my second rpg based off my first (arena rpg) anyways like i was saying gl i could help if you want just say but im not the best at teraining just if you want

Xain

Reaction score
Got some new systems implamented, and am going to give Seanny (TheRipper) the newest build of the map. Working on another new system as well, will confirm with him to post screens of it soon.

Seannny

Reaction score
Got some new systems implamented, and am going to give Seanny (TheRipper) the newest build of the map. Working on another new system as well, will confirm with him to post screens of it soon.

Screens shall be updated...... NOW!

Xain

Reaction score
you shoul take screenies of the implamented version, there better ^.^ once I get home from school we will test the new version, look at the changelog I posted on our website. Im just spewing out fixes left and right XD

Cheesy

some fucker
Reaction score
Get me some more info about the gameplay and I might consider playing this when it comes out. Sure, plot is important, especially for an RPG, but the gameplay will draw (most) people in, not the story.

Seannny

Reaction score
Get me some more info about the gameplay and I might consider playing this when it comes out. Sure, plot is important, especially for an RPG, but the gameplay will draw (most) people in, not the story.

Ill get some ingame screenies and info asap =)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.