Doodad-Building constantly changing

Lionhearte

Reaction score
Hey guys I have quick question about placing doodads that appear as buildings, for example in the orc campaign you have the barracks and town hall as doodads, not accessible. I know how to do such a thing but my question is, for some buildings, that when selected, show different "variations" of the buildings. Such as - the simple watch towers for the human is listed as Arcane/Cannon/Guard/Watch tower under the model > Units, and when placed in the editor appears as one of them at first, then after a set interval, appears as a different one (shows as a watch tower, then after 4 or 5 seconds, shows as a guard tower).

My question is, how can I make it so that it only shows one variation of it? Instead of it showing as a different model once in awhile, as that gets annoying.

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
Each of the different models have a source code that you'll need to access and refer to under the Model File.
I can't honestly tell you which is which, but I know it's there somewhere!
Hope this helps!

S

SilentCombat

Each tower has different animations in "buildings\human\HumanTower\HumanTower.mdx" and the animations have to be set for the correct tower to show up. The problem is i don't think you can set the animations for doodads, so you might be stuck with use the towers as buildings.

Lionhearte

Reaction score
I see, well I'll try messing around with it more and maybe MWS could help me, if I can get it to work I'll post back here to let other people who have the similar problem know how to fix it. Thanks both of you :D

Grymlax

Probably not around
Reaction score
can't you just place it on the map as a unit but add the ability locust to it. that way it will be "unclickable".

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.