Dota 2.0 templates

compristous

Reaction score
I am super new to world editor, and partially new to warcraft itself. However i am a very experienced graphics designer and semi experienced programmer. I have downloaded a DotA 2.0 template. This template is already playable. HOWEVER I can not add the money or lumber triggers. I put them in with the event and actions like I did in all the other ones, but they do not work when playing the game. I noticed none of the other commands work except -wtf. The -apne, or -du or all those are not working. is there a string with a condition that may be blocking cheats? I have searched and searched but to be honest I am not familiar enough with the editor yet to fully know where it would be if it exists. Could you tell me where I may be able to find this. My friends and I want to build a nice DotA map doing some things I have not seen done on any maps yet so any help you guys could give me would be helpful.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
1). You may be new to TheHelper, but you should still read the rules in the main forum (where this should really belong) first. Not everyone here plays DotA so you need to describe exactly what's happening and what isn't.

2). By DotA 2.0 template, do you mean the original DotA for WC3 or the Valve production? I doubt it's the template given on the site, but you should upload it so we can see for ourselves what it has and what it doesn't.

3). You appear to know about triggers, so have you checked thoroughly to see if there's anything that supports these commands in the first place? It just might be that the triggers needed for them don't exist in your template.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
I'm quite sure its the standard we all know of, not the valve production as it is a stand alone so no template would exist for WE.

You've told us what the problems are but what have you done besides looking for things that may or may not exist? or show us what is already there.

This will be moved at some point but in future this "help" question-type should be posted in the main page of WE help.

As for the gold and lumber, it is quite easy to trigger but the syntax is always what catches people.
To start off the event should be a periodic time, say 12sec
Then you set a player group, pick all players and add xxgold/lumber to the picked player.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
DotA adds 1 gold every second (2 in -em) and 1 lumber every 60 seconds, to count minutes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.