Dota Violence(New Project) Members Needed.

substance

Reaction score
I beta'd this, I actually think it's a decent map.

Granted, the layout is almost identical to dota I still liked the look of it (and the fact that creeps changed).

Some of the heroes were boring and had simplistic abilties but I liked most of them, like the peace guy and the tauren. The ice guy with the sword was very cool too... but he has like 2 spells were the same. It's been a while since i played.

bleh, im just rambling now. Anyway, the point is, if you can make dota with better heroes then it will be a better game than dota (even if everything else stays the same).

I hope to be able to continue to test and give feedback (that is, if Sapphiro ever gets back on =p)

G

gonecase

Hello Everyone,

We have almost completed the map, now we need people to test the map. So if anyone here wants to be our official Beta Tester please post here or pm me.

Thank you.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Dude, you're like never on xfire anymore <=(
Oh well, I will be able to work full time on this once the exams are done (last exam is on Tuesday :D:D:D:D)

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Wow elmst, you get out of school a bit late... when did you start school? Halfway through September?

Anyway, I'd like to test, but unfortunately for me, I notice the bad things instead of the good things, so the review might be in the more negative and improvement side. That won't mean it's bad though ^_^.

G

gonecase

Please who want to beta test please pm me your e-mail address.

@ elmstfreddie.. sorry mate been really bzy with a counter strike tourney.

Void

Reaction score
Change the cliffs to dirt cliffs instead of tiled... they look kinda odd.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Can you tell us how exactly it will be different from other DotA/AoS's ? Besides different heroes and items, i see same pathing (or very similar atleast) with just different terrain. Even the same teams!

I think DotA was first a "Map Genre" like Tower Defense, Melee, Hero Arena, etc. But now, people take DotA as Defense of the Ancients: Allstars, which sucks.
I suggest you choose the name when you are finished with the map (finished as in releasing to public, not final version)

why not?? its 10 different people with 10 different ideas
10 people might have a hard time agreeing if they all thing different. I find it hard working on the same map with different people, especially 10. If you assign special sections to different persons, either you have to wait til'/if they are done, or import different pieces together. just my opinion.

I hope it is better than most/a lot/all other dota/aos (talking about genre) maps.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Why not call it Songs of the fallen?
or Plains of Bloodlust?

Anything like that is fine

Can i beta test? Looks cool (plus i want to find out what that square in the bottom right does :))

G

gonecase

Hey Everyone,

The Dota Violence Team has worked really hard on this map. Here is some inside news after our first release we will have a complete new terrain, much bigger and a lot better. We will keep the AoS style but the whole concept of how one levels there hero and how they play the game will be change to a totally new one.

It will take sometime to complete but I am sure we can finish it.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Glad to hear you will get a new terrain, not so much for the "bigger part" because if you mean bigger so you can add other things (arenas, hero picking, creep hunting, quests, etc.) then maybe, but if you make it bigger so the pathing is longer, and bases further apart, maybe not because of the walking time, unless that's on purpose :D

Try to keep it original (althought the genre type can't be original)

Good Luck

exge

Reaction score
agreed
still waiting for SC2 editor
it supposed to be a new C-styled scripting language!!
woot!!
and my 1st map didnt have the phrase dota anywhere
just cos it looked like the dota shape
people started calling it dota clone!! WTF!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.