Dota's Dwarven Sniper: Headshot skill help

MasterTrainer

Reaction score
Hello again:

I request your help in making the triggers (if any, and I hope so) of Dota's Dwarven Sniper's headshot skill. How do you set chances to deal bonus damage in triggers? Do you do it like in triggered item drops? Also the 0.25-second duration makes me wonder where the spell is based off of.

Do I need to use a damage engine?

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
As far as I know, the Headshot skill is just the Bash skill with a small stun duration, 40% chance and varying bonus damage. The only reason to try to make something more complex is if you have other Bash abilities on the same unit already and don't like how WC3 makes them stack.

DotaIndonesia

Reaction score
someone please help me to make this ability,
Spell Name: Vanish

Code Preference: GUI

Spell Type: MUI

Description: Toggle to enter Stealth Mode until toggled off, you run out of mana. Stealth Mode grants you Invisiblity and 25% Movement Speed, but drains 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 Mana per second. When Stealth ends, you gain 300% Attack Speed for 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 attacks.
Like Immolation, please i need this.
:)

DotaIndonesia

Reaction score
Spell Name: Heavenly Vault

Code Preference: GUI

Spell Type: MUI

Description: Vault over a unit, jumping 300 distance in front of it (distance doubled if building) while pushing it back and inflicting Vaulted if it is an enemy. Enemies at your landing point are also inflicted with Vaulted. The first application of Vaulted will inflict 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 Physical Damage and 20 / 40 / 60 / 80% Movement Speed Slow for 2 seconds. Additional applications will inflict half of the previous application.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Spell Name: Heavenly Vault
Code Preference: GUI​
Spell Type: MUI​
Description: Vault over a unit, jumping 300 distance in front of it (distance doubled if building) while pushing it back and inflicting Vaulted if it is an enemy. Enemies at your landing point are also inflicted with Vaulted. The first application of Vaulted will inflict 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 Physical Damage and 20 / 40 / 60 / 80% Movement Speed Slow for 2 seconds. Additional applications will inflict half of the previous application.

What have you done so far? Post here and the community will help, as the name of the site suggests.

Crimson

Reaction score
You can base it on immolation to get the mana drain. Configure the levels, mana drained then do this in the trigger. You need three triggers. One when you turn it on and one when you turn it off and one last one to check the number of attacks made.

Code:
Stealth Mode On
Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Immolation
Actions
Unit - Add Permanent Invisibility to (Triggering unit)
Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to ((Current movement speed of (Triggering unit)) x 1.25)

Code:
Stealth Mode Off
Events
Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
Conditions
(Issued order) Equal to (Order(unimmolation))
Actions
Unit - Remove Permanent Invisibility from (Triggering unit)
Unit - Set (Triggering unit) movement speed to ((Current movement speed of (Triggering unit)) / 1.25)
Unit - Add Item Attack Speed Bonus (Greater) to (Triggering unit)

For the duration of the attack speed bonus. Use a Damage Detection Engine. I suggest Weep's GDD as it's very simple and easy to import.

Code:
Attack Speed Suration
Events
Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
Conditions
(Level of Item Attack Speed Bonus (Greater)  for GDD_DamageSource) Not equal to 0
Actions
Set AttackInteger = (AttackInteger +1)
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    If - Conditions
       AttackInteger Equal to 4
    Then - Actions
       Remove Item Attack Speed Bonus (Greater) from GDD_DamageSource
       Set AttackInteger = 0
Else - Actions

This last part is not MUI. Lastly there's probably a better way to do this but that's the idea of your spell.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.