Dummy unit, cast carrion swarm... misses target?

stue

Reaction score
Basically I have a simple trigger that when a hero cast a spell,
a multiple dummy units are created at that point and consecutively cast
Carrion swarm to the point cast of the spell that triggered it.

I know it looks really ugly. The dummy units are already on the map,
thus i just move them. I tried making them face the point instantly,
but it still doesnt help. At certain angles... they just miss.

the dummy unit, is flying, locust, no model... etc
(my original version used a loop, and made units.... I made this version
to test everything.... )

Any ideas?
Trigger:
  • AuraWave
    • Events
      • Unit - Auramancer 0009 <gen> Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Aura Wave (auramancer)
    • Actions
      • Region - Center aurawave target <gen> on (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Region - Center auramancerwavestand <gen> on (Position of Auramancer 0009 <gen>)
      • Set aurawaves = (Level of Aura Wave (auramancer) for Auramancer 0009 <gen>)
      • Set aurawavetargetpoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Move Aurawave Dummy recall unit 0183 <gen> instantly to (Center of auramancerwavestand <gen>)
      • Unit - Make Aurawave Dummy recall unit 0183 <gen> face (Center of aurawave target <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Move Aurawave Dummy recall unit 0217 <gen> instantly to (Center of auramancerwavestand <gen>)
      • Unit - Make Aurawave Dummy recall unit 0217 <gen> face (Center of aurawave target <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Move Aurawave Dummy recall unit 0218 <gen> instantly to (Center of auramancerwavestand <gen>)
      • Unit - Make Aurawave Dummy recall unit 0218 <gen> face (Center of aurawave target <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Move Aurawave Dummy recall unit 0219 <gen> instantly to (Center of auramancerwavestand <gen>)
      • Unit - Make Aurawave Dummy recall unit 0219 <gen> face (Center of aurawave target <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Unit - Move Aurawave Dummy recall unit 0222 <gen> instantly to (Center of auramancerwavestand <gen>)
      • Unit - Make Aurawave Dummy recall unit 0222 <gen> face (Center of aurawave target <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Percentage mana of Auramancer 0009 <gen>) Greater than or equal to 50.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Set aurawaves = (aurawaves + 1)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • aurawaves Greater than or equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order Aurawave Dummy recall unit 0183 <gen> to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm (Center of aurawave target <gen>)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • aurawaves Greater than or equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 0.07 seconds
          • Unit - Order Aurawave Dummy recall unit 0217 <gen> to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm aurawavetargetpoint
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • aurawaves Greater than or equal to 3
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 0.07 seconds
          • Unit - Order Aurawave Dummy recall unit 0218 <gen> to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm (Center of aurawave target <gen>)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • aurawaves Greater than or equal to 4
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 0.07 seconds
          • Unit - Order Aurawave Dummy recall unit 0219 <gen> to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm (Center of aurawave target <gen>)
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • aurawaves Greater than or equal to 5
        • Then - Actions
          • Wait 0.07 seconds
          • Unit - Order Aurawave Dummy recall unit 0222 <gen> to Undead Dreadlord - Carrion Swarm (Center of aurawave target <gen>)
        • Else - Actions

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
why are you using regions and not locations?

ianu74

Reaction score
why are you using regions and not locations?

I think hes testing out the trigger to see if it works first.

Anyways, for your trigger, once your unit casts the spell, don't issue him another order.
I'm not really sure, but when I use wait in a trigger for a spell and order the unit to move away once he casts it, the spell doesn't come out the way i want it to be.

Anyways did you set the spell's cast range to 99999 and mana of the dummy units?

[Off topic] Please use the GUI tags, I had some difficulties reading your triggers. And btw, your trigger leaks.

stue

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

This is the most basic version of the trigger I have made.
For instance I made special effects at the region/point
to make sure It was assigned right. (oh basic trouble shooting.. sigh)
I tried making each of the units "target" in a different way.
Points, regions, facing angle with polar offset.
(I read many of the forums of people wanting to cast
shockwave/carrion swarm in different directions, and
the ones were people wanted shockwave to just go in the
direction the unit was facing).

Yes the cast range is 99999 and cost zero mana. I have
given the dummy a model and watched them cast it
in the wrong direction. For example, they cannot aim
to the lower right.

I took the wait in the beginning out (it was there to see if it helped...)
So the first one cast right away. Still no luck. And after the issue to cast
there are no additional commands to that unit.

[off topic] I checked http://www.thehelper.net/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode#code but could not find the GUI tags.
Im sorry, im not trying to be an annoying thehelper.net noobie.
I am using the search button frequently.....

Finestdeath

Reaction score
The GUI tags are located at the bar ontop of your reply. When you are replying, there are a few buttons like Bold, Italic or U underlined. To the right of those buttons, do you see button that resembles the letter 'a' in small form? That is the GUI tag. To use the GUI tag is a different thing though. Its abit like your trigger editor, except that you have to type it out. Abit of practice (use the preview post) should get you started.

stue

Reaction score
Gotcha. The tag is WC3.

Now, to write a much cleaner version.

SOLVED. No idea why, but the dummy unit I used was militia (stripped bare but I must have missed something)
Changing the dummy unit solved it.

Thank you!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.